Tauren Sunwalker seeking RP home

Hi All,
My character Grymdel Bloodeye is seeking a RP guild with an active community to call home. I find that most guilds are not on the Guild Finder and while I’m an experienced tabletop RP’er I am not 100% certain how to go about finding a proper home here.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi Grymdel,

As you may have noticed MG Horde Side is quite a lot smaller than our Alliance counterpart. In fact, as far as I can tell most guilds ARE listed on the guild finder, there’s just not a great number of them. Which guilds in particular are you looking for but are not listed?

I’ve put together a forum guide to Horde guilds, which is from last year, but still mostly up-to-date. There are a few newer guilds popping up here and then, and I generally see them at the Horde Guild Expo which is on next Friday, 9pm in the Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar (also hosted by me).

Unfortunately, as much as I try to encourage Horde guilds to advertise themselves, it has been a hard road. There are a lot of old, established guilds which simply don’t actively recruit anymore. Newer guilds struggle to make connections, and building a reputation takes a lot of effort and time which causes many GMs to burn out quickly.

With all that in mind, I would say guild finder is still your best tool for finding a home here. It may be that you are trying to look for something too specific, and you’ll need to either broaden your horizons, or make a character to custom-fit a particular guild.

In any case, if you’re looking for RP, spend a bit of time at the Wyvern’s Tail. It’s our server’s main hub for RP, and by listening to conversations and engaging people that you find interesting, you’ll find you can build up a network of connections. It’s not that people are unfriendly. MG Horde is a just quiet little community that you have to spend some time with to get to know.

Kind regards,
Flywheel

1 Like

Thanks very much Flywheel! I’ll try to listen and participate more around the tavern for sure. The first guild I took interest in was the Stonewind tribe but I never see them around and every time I go to the Stonetalon peaks and the villages there I never see them either so maybe they are not around anymore.

I see my character fitting in with any military, tribal or explorer type groups as those things very much fit with my concept and playstyle.

Stonewind Tribe is probably your best bet when looking for Tauren RP. They are still around, as far as I know. If you’re looking for walk-up RP, it is rare outside of the tavern mentioned previously. Everything else is event-based. You can’t just rock up any old hour and expect people to be there. Stonewind Tribe runs a weekly storytelling event on Saturdays at 6pm (server time) just outside of Ratchet. Send Taeana a message if you’d like more details. There’s also a few ads for it on the various community discords.

Good luck!

Thanks very much!

Hi Grymdel! Sorry you havne’t been able to find us! Like Flywheel said, we are usually just around for scheduled RP times, rather than online for walkups (Though walk ups when we are online is welcomed!).

Our guild is still around and active, though smaller/slower than we used to be, as especially myself and the officers have more busy real lives with kids and jobs and such. But we are still happy to invite more tauren to join our ranks!

We primarily keep contact via Discord now to set up RPs and otherwise generally chat. You can contact me there anytime: PalehornTea#3904 in the meantime, you can check out our website for information on the guild/Tribe if you’re still interested! Stonewind.shivtr. com

Thanks very much Taeana! I hear you about work-life balance especially when you’ve got kids (I have a 7yr old).

I’ll check the site and Discord and get in touch!