Target of Target BoP

I’m trying to make a macro for Blessing of Protection on my target of target, but make it so that it won’t self cast if I don’t have anyone targeted at the time.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it. I tried this, and I think it works as far as targeting goes, but it will self cast if I don’t have anything targeted.

#showtooltip Blessing of Protection(rank 1)
/tar [@targettarget, help]
/cast Blessing of Protection(rank 1)

I’ve also tried this, but unlike the other one it isn’t selecting the ToT.

#showtooltip Blessing of Protection(rank 1)

/cast [@targettarget] Blessing of Protection(rank 1)

…Or is there no way to make it not self cast without disabling the auto self cast in the settings. I guess that may be the issue, I was hoping a macro could bypass that with some /stopmacro line if the first condition wasn’t met.

Not touching classic but ur 2nd macro should work. It’s possible your targettarget in testing the 2nd macro was invalid so you could add some additional checks to it.

#showtooltip Blessing of Protection(Rank 1)
/cast [@targettarget,help,nodead] Blessing of Protection(Rank 1)

Personally I’d go with this so you have more functionality but replace the [] with [@none] (forces the hand to display, which you then clear) so it doesn’t auto self cast.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@none] Blessing of Protection(Rank 1)
/stopspelltarget
1 Like

I think it did actually work now, I’m just dumb. I was just testing them in the city with people who had others targeted and I was expecting my target to change to their target because that’s what my first one did.

I went into the wild with the one you provided and found someone who was fighting a mob and it does appear to work, while doing nothing at all when no one is targeted just like I wanted. I have to wait until I’m in a group to officially test it but it looks like it will do fine. Thanks.

1 Like