Tanks that leave party due to DPS

As a Tank player, DPS players who just yolo dps on random mobs after I mark them, I’m gonna let you die from now on…no you do not kill the un marked mob while ignoring the skull marked mob.

6 Likes

Always make a deal with the healer:

I won’t taunt if you don’t heal the stupid DPS. Yes, accidents happen, but we’ll know who the stupids are after a little bit.

1 Like

TLDR; I pop chain lightning 2 seconds into a pull and get angry that I get threat.

14 Likes

On my hunter I had zero problems with tank who were lesser geared. Assist target and give a second for aggro or misdirect with assisting their target. I’ve had feign death be resisted, I walk my butt over to the tank with the mob and frost trap.

On this tank I watch dps run past me and start before they even get to me let alone get any aggro. I watch dps start early, I taunt and they keep dpsing the mobs so it turns right back around. I let the mobs beat on dps after they mess up enough because that is what they wanted.

I slav all dps. When they ask for something else I inform them kings/might/wisdom also comes with me not taunting off them because they have decided threat won’t be an issue.

6 Likes

Everything you said is entirely false.

Not only that, YOU have a responsibility to be at minimum, half as competent as the tank, which means watching your threat addon. There is no excuse at any point for you to take aggro, even if the tank deliberately does NOT build threat, because YOU are supposed to stop watching Youtube and get to playing.

If a tank tests you like that and you fail, it’s your fault.

6 Likes

I like this approach:

3 Likes

I’d like to point out there may be a valid reason the tank is not building threat. So many conditions / variables, and since you are not tanking you will not know what is going through the tank’s mind.

3 Likes

Exactly. Interrupting, dealing with Demo resists, line of sighting, etc.

The DPS that pull off on Capacitus or Pandemonius because the tank stopped attacking are the dumbest.

::Tosses shied at mob and watches it go right through it::

Me: >:-(

3 Likes

Yeah if you ever pull threat. It is 100% your fault for not watching your meter. Doesn’t matter if the tank is bad, that is on you.

2 Likes

But how are they suppose to get those leet parses in dungeons if they dont unleash chain lightning after 3 seconds even though a mangle got parried and a weak aura announced it was parried? gosh darn egoistic tanks.

2 Likes

I hate having salvation on my hunter, but I know most need it. It makes it hard when I’m supposed to CC a target as it’s harder to establish aggro over a paladins concentration or their shield throw. But I know MOST hunters need salv to not ruin the tanks day. I’ll gladly not have a salv in return for no taunts, I can kite a mob well enough, and wisdom+viper is basically I have no mana issues.

And if I want u to get aggro back I’ll kite it to you and FD.

Then again, I’m used to playing aggro tag with my pet and I watch aggro at all times. I gave killed multiple 5 man group quests thanks to aggro tag.

I have seen some horrid hunters though so I don’t blame you, lol.

1 Like

It’s kind of your problem since you’re the dude who’s getting scrapped off the floor every second pull. But go on with your bad self

2 Likes

I will always try to outaggro the healer if the tank is not building aggro on a target. I also will take aggro to kite or CC if the tank is taking to much damage.

There is reasons for a dps to take aggro from the tank, but it is not always straight forward of when to do so.

If I see a tank at 10% hp and I can pull aggro on my next global, I’m doing it. I would rather I die and we kill the thing than the tank dies and we wipe.

1 Like

Boy that’s debatable in some situations; “DPS” is a very misleading thing when Holy Paladin can do some surprisingly high numbers when consecration is down on 20 mobs.

According to your idiotic logic, if a warlock decides to wait 3 seconds, start spamming seeds, and grab aggro, it’s the tanks’ fault. More proof your ideas are dumb? Many classes have threat drops or talents to reduce threat, why do you think that is? MAYBE because dps’ers need to keep watch on their threat, so they have tools to help with that?

Stop saying stupid crap, threat is both the tank and the dps’ responsibility.

2 Likes

But he waited 3 seconds. There’s no way that a dodge, miss, parry, or resist could happen, and 2 gcd’s is an eternity. You can’t expect him to install a threat meter or have any situational awareness.

6 Likes

I know. I shouldn’t expect dps’ers to have any form of responsibility or accountability whatsoever.

3 Likes

I will leave if the dps doesnt CC. this let the healer spam max rank as the dps spam aoe meta doesnt do it for me,
If I invite you as CCdps you might be ccing

1 Like

Finally, a thread worth reading.

Carry on.

1 Like