Tanks Need To Tank In PvP

better yet, just don’t allow tanks to queue in pvp! problem solved.

50% Character participation, sure. But players? I wonder how easy it would be to measure that metric using how many accounts participate in arena vs characters.

Like yeah there were 150 rank 1s, but a pretty sizable amount of those are the same player on multiple characters.

The peak of the Arena format was WotLK. It’s declined since then and it’s never was a good model for Esports or competition. SL obviously has the worst metrics in game and especially for AWC. (which likely should end)

If PvP in this game is going to have a competition mode it should be objective based in somewhat of a Brawl 6v6 format. It’s time to move on to something better.

Most PvP players don’t do Arena. You could remove Arena from the game tomorrow and 90% of PvP players wouldn’t care. So it’s time Arena and competitive PvP got a big facelift since no one cares about it. Or at least the majority of PvP players don’t.

At least in DF they removed Arena gear so the majority of PvP players can just enjoy the PvP they like now.

1 Like

Nevermind, you’re not clueless, you’re just an idiot. You have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to arenas or pvp in general. Go back to GD and classic where you belong.

3 Likes

Any mention of “tank” and Abomb comes running.

1 Like

The same account versus character / alt problem balances itself out in PvE too, a lot of players raid and M+ on alts as well (to be ready for tunings / nerf swings, raid split runs, gdkp runs, etc).

It’s a best guess estimate though for rated play. When you include casual pvp a lot more players participate in PvP overall then blizzard likes to admit. It’s not just a “side hobby” as they like to claim it is.

But is he really wrong tho :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, completely. He’s braindead

Only tank players like tanks, much like only Steelers fans like the Steelers

1 Like

Even Steelers fans wont like the garbage they put on the field this year :nauseated_face:

Get ratio’d

I FONDLY remember “tanking” 5 enemies at the same time and killing them one by one in random BGs while carrying the flag during Mists of Pandaria as a blood DK. I was having the time of my life and it stayed that way most if not all of the expansion. For variety sometimes Id play rogue, find some poor person already half dead and still in combat and nuke them with a wow interface made 13 ability sequential macro. The strategy required having all CDs ready to go, finding someone hurting, pressing the same key until they died. The macro included stuns and silences and most specs could do nothing about it.

i agree to some extent, but there is the thing… rbg is dead, and i don’t care if someone dislike this truth, is fact! rbg is dead, just being able to set foot on a rbg above 1000 ranking its a privilege, and here is why:
to enter rbg with decent mmr on pug you would require to have experience on rbg being on a decent mmr yourself and secondarily having achievments, if you have none the only groups that will accept you are your peers of 0 mmr, just a random group that will never win a single RBG.
you need like a guild core rbg team or something to play rbg and actually climb, and just being inside one of those is rare, pvp focused guilds are already the minority and do not exist in many servers including pvp server ones, and one of these that happen to have a RBG focused core group? even more rare.