Tanks can be the biggest jerks in this game

Had a tank pug in a raid on Fetid on my horde guild. He /yell Attention Healers! I will be taking all the hits solo. Sooo I let him. Raid Leader was not happy but I laughed my butt off. He cursed the healers for not keeping him up and rage quit. I have no idea if it was possible to solo tank Fetid but I knew our healers weren’t all going to focus him.

Bonus; they pretend to be your friends before suddenly stabbing you in the back, too.

Yes I am. I only rolled a monk (I’m also incredibly witty) so I could brew up some pug drama.

In all seriousness though I’m not sure what it is about tanking, doesn’t bother me when healing, but I feel as soon as I don that blue shield the metaphorical anxiety of every living being in the cosmos is thrust upon me. So If I make a mistake I feel as if I have failed all of creation and perhaps lash out, possibly, maybe. I feel where you’re coming from though Mr op.

I’m a huge fan of you pull it you tank it. I had a boomie just rage at me in Freehold because I was waiting for the person me and the healer were there to help with the 4 Mythics quest. He went ahead and pulled at the end of the bridge and then was screaming I was a horrible tank.

I found a Dark Legacy comic that might show how some of us tanks became . . . jerks. For some odd reason, it won’t let me put the link down. It’s #392 in the archive and called “No Tanks”.

Yeah especially when they suck and they bring their own bot so they can’t be kicked and get to farm stuff on two chars. Cheating anyone?

Well, they Always seem to blame the person who doesn’t hold the aggro… If a healer runs out of mana to heal, then the tank took too much to handle and so on and forth.

I love tanking. Do not care if it is speed runs, dps /heal pulling or much of anything. Including keep standing beside me in boss fights. I do have problems with heals and dps that do this stuff.

1. no apprecations for another player. I had done a run to do a quest. one other did also. The healer and rest just complain to high heavy. They only cared about themselves. No one else. Just makes me mad. I know it is not a solo experience it group thing yes. It does not hurt you in any way to help out.
  2. That leads to they thank its only their time. When its group time. everyone there on their personal time. See I do not like that. I think it everyone time. If you do like to wait to roll a class that does not wait. You still wasting time in the end. Thus, we all there and it is all our time.
  3. refuse to cc. Yes I know heals has a job. Why do they refuse to cc if they have one? Same applies to dps.
  4. Never runs to tank with the threat. They expect the tank to run around.
  5. When DPS have threat does not stop dps to let the tank grab it? Hit another target if want to dps. Don’t fight the tank for threat.
  6. Another pet peeve of mine. Always stop the tank form pulling mobs to where he wants them they usually run up in middle of everything and pull it and everything else in the area. Making an easy to go around longer.
  7. range why do you have a situational awareness problem. Every time it ranges pulling patts or falling into things. I have seen some melee. mostly it a range thing.
  8. The last one is my favorite one. When facing a mob that cc. Why do you face other mobs? Why can’t you face a wall or the area we just cleared to run. Makes total sense to me. None to other players. This thing has been going on every single MMO I play. Why is such a simple thing so complex.

I see people doing this. Even i can become a jerk. Get old way to fast.

Skittish is a +7 and above affix. It does not happen on a +6.

Most of what I do is tank in this game. I was removed from a group yesterday in The Slave Pens. I was not pulling slow, I was not going the wrong way.

Why was I removed? Because the group went the wrong way…did not follow the tank…pulled one pack of Bogtroks by themselves, then pulled another…then backed into a patrol and wiped themselves out.

I was going along the right hand side of the open room before the corridor to the first boss. You know? To avoid pulling unnecessary mobs…and to avoid Bogtroks since they have a wicked debuff that was making the healer’s life difficult. Why didn’t I go back to help?

Because there was a patrol blocking my path…the one they backed into while running away from the two packs they pulled in stupidity. The BEST solution was to let them die, then rez them (I was on my monk). Nope.

Kicked. No communication. No explanation as to why in the hell they went to the completely opposite side of the room and started pulling packs of mobs that did not need to be pulled. Nothing.

Why are tanks jerks? Maybe because a lot of the time, the people that we’re grouping with in PuG’s are utter trash. Not that I am “God’s Gift” to this game, but in recent years I have grown very fed up with PuG’s, LFR and LFG.

I used to think it was a great way to make progress on my characters. Now I feel as if it is the source of constant and needless frustration. I wouldn’t say that it is only tanks that are jerks. I’d say there are a fair number of jerks playing this game on a variety of different classes.

1 Like

I’m a tank, I am not a jerk to anyone. In fact the opposite, but the only people who know that are friends and guild mates. I don’t tank PuGs because I found that a lot of others acted like a jerk towards me, just because I was not fast enough, pulled the wrong pack, and was learning the pathing. I have found LFG/PuGs to be a horrible experience as a tank. On a healer or DPS alt it’s okay and I have no issues.

I am a tank and have gladly played meatshield for other players when we quest together.

I’m nice in a party, follow instructions when told, and accept blame when I screw up. Not all tanks are bad, and yes, not all tanks are blameless, but seriously we have to stop lumping bad behaviour based on a class.

What’s next? A “Blood Elves can be the biggest jerks in this game” thread?

yes

I’m not saying all tanks are bad, I’ve met some chill ones and I like to think that I’m a pretty chill tank myself.

Obviously you are right, there are bad apples in every class in world of warcraft, I’m not saying that there is a perfect class, but when a tank starts acting like a jerk It’s quite noticable. This is probably due to how vital there role is.

I’m just basing all of this from my personal experince and the experiences from some other people in my realm.

I had no intentions for this post to be a place to bash all tanks, I just wanted to hear other people’s stories about a rude tank they have encountered.

There are some great tanks out there,and they are greatly appreciated, but there are also some pretty bad ones.

1 Like

This is a fair assessment, I think. My MS is protection and while I do have fun with it, there are some very stressful times. Most of it has to do with ensuring the run goes smooth and taking it rather personally when it doesn’t - regardless if it’s my fault or not. I feel the tank needs to ensure mobs are only on her, the tank stays alive, and monitors their healer’s mana and the overall tempo of the group (how quickly is stuff getting destroyed?).

Too many of the GOOD tanks avoid pugging entirely because… reasons I guess.

Which leaves mostly BAD tanks who have god complexes due to their desired nature in the random queues.

Hey you! we have talked in trade before <3
Most of the tanks I have been put in a dungeon with always act like they are god but then something happens (Like they can’t hold aggro or die to simple mechanics)) And the unholy dk gets blamed. I have given up on lfd and lfr just because it turns into a sh*t show.

I play all three roles, and believe me, there are idiots and jerks in all of them.

For bad tanks you have paladins that use the threat dropping bubble at the top of the list, who continue to use it after being politely informed that it drops threat…

Tanks that believe face pull = threat, and continue to run on leaving everything in their wake to trail off onto the dps and healer. These also like to use every movement speed boost imaginable regardless of the healer’s mana/mobility.

The ones that just flat out refuse to use defensives, then froth at the mouth because ‘healr sux’.

The wussies that are clueless, refuse to listen, and refuse to, you know actually go up and pull the mobs, instead standing around for an absurd amount of time before taunt pulling one mob whilst the rest of the group goes everywhere.

Self important, God’s gift to tanking sorts that are -clearly- carrying the party. /eyeroll

I could go on but you get the picture.

All classes can be jerks but I feel as though tanks are unique in the sort of how they express their negativity, such as suddenly pulling all the mobs in the area.

Sounds like you’re the jerk here.

1. Let the tank pull the way they want to. Most of the time they have a way they like to pull a certain room, especially if they are used to the content.
  2. Why wouldn’t the dps focus on the heals? It’s their job to take them out, so that then they can move to the other mobs.

As a tank I don’t tell the dps how to do their rotation. Why would you tell a tank how to do his job?