Tanks can be the biggest jerks in this game

He wanted the raw ilev upgrade in his bag so he could bump up the ilevel reward of emissaries, duh.

Timewalking one’s do.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/worldofpvp/comments/9jnb91/timewalking_rings_with_main_stats/

Besides being bad at this game I try to tank well enough. At least I haven’t had any complaints about it in ~5 years.

:grinning:

Let me put it this way, I enjoy tanking, but hate tanking LFG dungeons. There are definitely decent groups in there, but more often than not, you get DPS who pulls random mobs and not interrupting, healers that don’t know what a dispel button is, or just the general lack of dungeon knowledge.

It’s understandable, because it’s where people learn their class and the dungeon, but after so many times, it tends to wear your patience down.

1 Like

Random here lately has got interesting. More and more I see heals trying to heal with just hots. When the tank dies healer blame them for not using cd. Then look at heal metter tells a whole different story. tank out healing healer. Do not get me wrong sometimes it tanks. But when you see a very big difference and see that only healing hots have to wonder.

Can you keep a tank alive with only hots? So far the ones I have been in answer no. So am i wrong? Kind of interested?

i just leave. i hate lfd when i’m tanking. over a decade of pugs has made me not care whatsoever about lfd. oh my do i ever hate dungeon finder.

that said, i follow where the tank goes when i’m dps/heals and give no bleeps what he does as long as he holds aggro and uses active mitigation and hopefully keeps an eye out for that dps that always aggro’s something.

1 Like

“People can be the biggest jerks in this game.”

Fixed your post.

Depends on what the advice is and how it is offered. If your accounting of the event is faithful, then you’re right…those tanks overreacted and should not be taking part in group activities.

I wish I could have witnessed this personally. Never once have I encountered a personality as volatile as those in your anecdotes.

Didn’t expect this post to gain much traction but thanks for the reply’s!
If you want more info on how i asked i would say that I was being pretty polite about it, just wanted to say it since I wanted the dg to go a bit more faster.

I can understand it can be a pain to be told what to do time and time again, but in no way should they have burst out like that, especially since I thought I was being polite about it.

That’s my take on the whole situation.

This ain’t exclusive to tanks man. Personally i don’t give advice to anyone unless is asked.

I have seen many DPS being level 385-390 and finishing a dungeon of overall 8k DPS and the moment you tell them that they maybe should read a guide or ask for advice in the guild to someone more experienced with their spec they get mad and go crazy about it.

So i just learned that unwanted advice is not wanted, even if you are triying to do it with the best intentions.

1 Like

Wowee. That’s pretty blunt, but I feel you have some fraction of insecurity in how strong your point is, by posting this only on your alt.

I believe both factions have the same level of maturity, however you know very well between Goldshire and Silvermoon, which would be used more.

I mean the reason for that is simply the fact that more erotic roleplayers go to Alliance because… There are more erotic roleplayers to RP with probably. Kind of like people keep moving to the Horde for things like raid and M+ and decent PvP… because there are more people doing that on Horde.

But, I will have you know that in WoD, Silvermoon was pretty populated. At times, you didn’t recognize every face and it wasn’t just the erotic RPers there, a lot like Goldshire is now. It probably never had as many people as GS, but Horde have had plenty of those kinds of RPers. I know because I have hung around both places for things like PvP and random chat or just to be around friends.

Sorry, I know that was completely off topic, but I really think that people should understand that Horde is no different than Alliance in any regard. Also, this is just speaking for MG of course and no other server. Once again, sorry to be off topic.

Here’s a little known secret…

ready?..

Everyone can be jerks. It’s not just limited to tanks.
Also, a specific role does not mean that you are immune from poor behavior.

Sermon aside, part of the reason I barely log on anymore is too much anonymity. That’s also the reason for the more apparent jerkish behavior, there’s no real repercussion aside from the ignore, so people don’t hold themselves accountable.

Just remember that when you run into people like this and it makes gaming much easier to deal with.

Yeah, I had this level 118 warrior tank try to get my iLvl 371 paladin kicked from a normal dungeon run yesterday because I was taking aggro from him.

Like, dude… Don’t be petty, I’m sure when you’re 120 you won’t have astronomically more powerful characters taking aggro from you, now just let me do my quest so I can unlock my fat humans.

1 Like

A healer got upset yesterday when I told him he needed to buy updated water.

I would say that it is the healers that get the most grief. Who is the first one they blame?

Everyone can be the worst, I generally don’t say anything to anyone until they mess up. I just sit and watch from my perch like scoffs noob :rofl:

You play horde, no one on horde cares about advice, your full of elistst known it alls who want to play how they wanna play. This is one reason I prefer alliance, we don’t have many elitist jerks like horde do. MUCH more positive experience.

For anyone who plans on tanking the time walking event please read this.

Important mention
Death Watchers are the most dangerous and should be pulled alone whenever possible.

• Death Watchers will debuff the entire party with Death Count

• After 12 seconds, players will take extremely heavy Death Blast damage

• This can only be prevented by killing the Death Watcher before the Death Count debuff expires

• Players must focus on killing Death Watchers first, to avoid dying to Death Count

• Death Watchers also attack the tank with Drain Life, which can be interrupted

• Tentacle Cleave will deal heavy damage to any players standing within 5 yards of the tank

It’s an absolute nightmare to heal this dungeon during the time walking event with an inexperienced & unknowledgeable tank.

Bad tanks who are jerks tend to be more noticeable during Wrath and TBC TW.

You tell them it’s a bad idea to pull whole rooms at a time. They get melted and blame the healer and DPS before quitting.

I can’t count the number of wipes I’ve seen in Shattered Halls or Mana tombs because of it.