Tanks can be the biggest jerks in this game

I know a guy who tanks for satchels, he always complains about the people doing a heroic as if he is gods gift to wow. I’ve told him many times its expected to run in to people who dont know the instance very well while tanking Heroic.

Funny thing about this tank, he is a cry baby. Started to take him to M+, he would get all upset that we dare to give him tips we learned from other tanks.

Rings have Stamina and secondary stats. None of them have main stats.

He’s missing out… As someone who really only plays one character (a tank) and doesn’t like watching m+ streams, I don’t get a lot of perspective on what other tanks do, so getting those tips can be invaluable

(yea i know this contradicts my earlier 'put up or shut up" go the OP, but that was more in response to her stereotyping)

You start out nice and by the time you say “I’m only tanking for guild - no more pugs” they have turned you into a jerk. I found that after awhile I would always go in on the defensie and that’s when even little things will bother you. Better to just not tank pugs.

4 Likes

All this could be avoided if my fellow tanks just turned off /I while in qued content.

There are jerks for all classes and roles. When you pug you take that chance. I usually tank. I was in a mid level ML a few weeks ago and everyone but the healer was in discord. I had to do my usual kitting around and there are a couple of nasty messages from the healing about the tank not knowing what he was doing. He finally gets on discord to tell me what to do…ie dont kite I can heal you etc. So I pull the next group happens to be the task master group before the 2nd boss and he is unable to keep me up and leaves the group, busts the key and promptly began to harass the dps for not doing their job.

Or like… when the dps knows a bad route cause they played with had tanks and freaks out when you try to go along a good route. Tanking sucks.

I’ve had groups yell at me before when I have survived through an encounter and they are all dead…stood in all of the avoidable damage, over strained the healer and didn’t do enough dps…

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but since I have spent the entirety of this xpac mainly running dungeons, I have come to the same conclusion. A lot of tanks are great, don’t get me wrong. But out of all the players I have run into in dungeons lately, tanks by far and away seem to be the vast majority of jerks.

2 Likes

I’ve been tanking since legion so I don’t have a lot of bad tank stories.

Tanks to seem to be the extra sensitive bunch though, my self included.

I had a funny tanking story just last night on my DK in a TW dungeon. DPS kept pulling threat off me so I was having a hard time controlling the group as I tried to pull them through the room so that we wouldn’t be in the path of the new respawns coming in. Finally I asking in /i to have the dps follow me, they did readily, the pull went down smoothly. Then the healer steps into chat and gets all pissed at the DPS for not following sooner because I was too squishy.

Now I don’t mean to toot my own horn here, but I tank on blood DK a lot. I’m not the best, but I’m level 80, in full heirlooms, and I know all my abilities. I’m not “squishy”.

In the next room, I pulled the first mob and backed into the hall so that other mob pats wouldn’t aggro as we brought the first one down, and the stupid healer stood in the room, right in the path of the mobs, aggro-ing everything that walked past, getting pissed at me for taking too much damage. We didn’t even make it to the first boss before the healer and a DPS bailed.

Next healer came in right away, kept me up just fine, didn’t stand anywhere stupid, and we got through the rest of the dungeon without incident.

TL;DR tanks aren’t the only stupid/rude people.

PLAYERS can be the biggest jerks in this game.

I fixed the title for your thread.

4 Likes

Very well said, good sir/ma’am/pixelperson. I don’t understand why people always feel the need to nitpick the tanking of others. If the run is going smoothly, just keep quiet and do your job.

2 Likes

Is this why I feel so youthful? I just thought it was awesome genes, must be my faction.

3 Likes

The irony is palpable.

3 Likes

Most definitely the most drama queens are the tanks in my experience.
But maybe it’s the nature of the job more than the type of people who play tanks.

You have silvermoon? What’s your point?

1 Like

Eh I beg to differ. Anyone can be a jerk. I’ve ran into more dos jerks than anyone. Recently I ran a m+ with another rogue. He was over geared. A dagger dropped he clearly didn’t need and after asking politely he waves at me, Doesn’t respond and hearths our. Mind you he was taking in chat the whole time. But hey what ya gonna do. Later ran Kings rest got a better dagger instead.

1 Like

I agree with you, and I’m happy you got your upgrade. Some people have no manners or sense of sportsmanship about them. I’ve been there, with my rogue and another rogue also in the past, the drop was the assassination pants from Murmur during BC that hadnt even dropped yet, it escalated to the point of me getting reported for my name (Captkranium) and having to change it as it had a rank as part of it. I never got the pants. Rogues pft lmao :slight_smile:

Tank since BC(NO, this is not my main!), and I got lots.
The constant abuse from people who think they know better, pushy players who want to ‘hurry up and get this one done’, dps who NEVER do anything wrong.
And the new crop of tanks who were leveled up on speed-runs because everyone has 'looms and Blizzard REALLY dumbed the lower level runs down: results being current tanks who have NO idea of mechanics, tactics or…anything really.
I tank for friends and on the speedy holiday runs.
That’s it.
Flips hair

DPS roles have the least to worry about but do the most complaining when something goes wrong. Let the tank do his/her thing. If you’re not happy with the experience then do some self reflecting and put yourself in their shoes or start tanking yourself and then you can be in full control.

3 Likes