Tanks can be the biggest jerks in this game

Fixed that for you

2 Likes

First I would like to say that all kinds of people are jerks, not matter what role they play.

Second, if you like running the show so much, you can always roll tank and run the instance how you want.

Third, what makes you think people have to listen to anything you say? There is always more than one way of doing things and just because you have an idea of how you want to do them, doesnt always make that the best or most efficient way.

4 Likes

Rings don’t have main stat in the end game so that makes no sense

Yes they do. It was a 365 tw

Few things:

Wanting to clear the room to make a boss fight easier is actually a smart thing. Even if you DON’T HAVE to, i often will because you never know what a DPS is going to do. I can’t tell you how many times DPS run into things not paying attention, and cause wipes. It is called being prudent.

The other, yeah that was a prick.

IF a tank wants to pull things, you just go with it. They are making a judgement call based on what could go wrong and what they can handle. As I tell DPS when Im pulling extra mobs ive seen pulled, or going a slower pace because I see heals is struggling, If you want to do it your way tank. Otherwise shut up and ill do my job my way.

7 Likes

TW is not end game

Being a jerk isn’t related to being a tank.

If you think you can tank better, by all means - do.

But if you’re unwilling to put your money where your mouth is maybe spend less time piling on the guy who did.

4 Likes

Being a tank is a pain in the ooker. The tank has to lead, protect everyone else, and put up with a lot of crap from a lot of players. If you don’t like what the tank is doing, queue tank and tank it yourself.

7 Likes

Um… have you been to Silvermoon on a RP server? (shudder)

:cookie:

3 Likes

Sorry, I have been a bad tank. I had range be so far back they agro patrols. I usually ok with it. Tell them to move forward. After the third pull, I usually drop and say because range does not know what do here. It to me is waste of time. Some days you see the same thing and just do not want to continue. Sense it not fair for dps to wait i drop.

1 Like

As a healer it frustrates me when a tank comes after me with bad/nasty criticism . It seems we, above anyone else, should be on the same side.

4 Likes

For tanks, its complicated with healers (good or bad ones). kinda’ of love hate thing. can’t live with them, but you can’t live without them.

3 Likes

Generally speaking, if someone wants your advice they’d ask for it. Folks are easily offended these days so it’s best to just whack stuff if you’re dpsing.

Unless your tank is just really, really stupid/inexperienced.

There is a large difference between someone who tanks because they love it and someone who tank’s because they enjoy the power.

The guy who love’s it cares. The guy who started tanking cause he was sick of DPS que’s and wanted to get away with being a jerk and having everyone back him up does not care.

So we are now stuck with a bunch of tanks that jump around like looney birds overpull and drop when anyone hurt’s their fragile ego.

I want more good tanks!! Hi, if you need a DPS I am your’s, I always attack your targets, I never randomly pull, I always keep behind you, I will never say anything and I will sap on command.

7 Likes

Let’s go. Running mythic + tonight after work. Got some 11s to do then going to help guildies gear in low keys.

I tank because it’s fun and am always open to suggestions. Most tanks aren’t though. lol

1 Like

It’s an “end game” ilvl ring bud. Let’s not argue semantics here. Side note: I don’t believe I ever said end game. Just mentioned a dungeon

2 Likes

Is there a reason to antagonize Royalbeggar? If he was in a TW dungeon, the rings do indeed have main stats on it. It was a relatively recent change for rings to only have secondary stats. Plus he said it was yesterday, so the looting system should have been on Personal Loot by default.

3 Likes

I am sure we’re not getting the whole story. The tone in how you give your advice is an important part. What were the exact words you used in these incidents?

However, the real crux of the situation is that if you want things tanked the way you want them tanked, then tank. You don’t know why that tank wants to clear the entire room or why the other tank is focusing something else. You’re just telling them what to do and people don’t like that.

4 Likes

Tanks have a lot of responsibility just by virtue of their place in every fight.

They are supposed to be the focus, of the heals, of the mobs. They are, conceptually at least, first one in and last one out. Everyone else is supposed to follow them and they are supposed to know what they are doing even when no one else does.

Beyond that, everyone looks to them when things go sideways. DPS are treated like disposable clones, heals have a hard time getting people’s attention. The influence of the tank is the best chance to get regrouped, refocused and reset.

Maybe it’s not always that way and maybe its not that way in your groups. But at a high level, I think that is the paradigm one sees.

Tanking carries with it a burden of leadership as well. And when you get people who lack that quality it shows right away.

Tanks need to be a little tougher, a little more capable of bringing the party together and getting them back on task.

Just because you can roll the class doesn’t mean you can actually carry it.

Sometimes it doesn’t matter. Sometimes no one needs a tank, or a leader, or anything. Just rear back and face-smash through everything.

But content that is supposed to be challenging is getting more challenging and the jobs in the group are starting to require actual presence of mind and focus to complete and compete.

Tanking requires more than the buttons and it is not for everyone.

1 Like

I’m not surprised some tanks can be jerks after what they go though.

3 Likes