Tanking Question - How many times?

or the tank is unable to read the room.

how often have you told someone to decurse, or wait 3 second before unloading AoEs… just to have them not decurse on the next pack, and instantly hellfire?

QFT – probably the wisest words written in this thread.

And btw I love the name you picked for your doorf.

I always run with my wife (heals) so if i see someone pull that isnt me, i tell her to watch them tank it.

After they die a few times (without rez) they either quit and we get another dps, or they learn.

Not hard as a heals tank combo to get dps for our runs.

you pull, you tank.

2 Likes

You should be using blood fury…

Ya know, you had made your point in the first 3 lines. The rest of your statement, in bold, was just plain unnecessary and uncalled for.

@OP: if the healer is pulling, you are going to slow from the healers point of view. They are bored and are not feeling even remotely challenged. I say this as a healer who has pulled before for this very reason.

That said, the difference between a truly good healer and a foolish healer, a good one will pull things to help speed up the run without jeopardizing the rest. They will know what pulls can quickly turn into chaos and avoid pulling those, and which are safe and just generally require a bit more work on their part once pulled but nothing wipe threatening.

Unfortunately you won’t know the difference between the two until the foolish healer wipes the group with their own pulling.

That said, if the healer IS pulling and able to keep the group alive, then let it be. If they pull and wipe occurs, then speak up at that point. If the healer pulls and a near wipe occurs, then mention that perhaps they should back off and let you control things. If healer balks after a near wipe or wipe, then remove them and replace. Trust me on this, healers are far more common right now that at almost any point in WoW’s history.

i’ll bet you 5 gold this is exactly what will happen tho.

especially this part:

echo-chamber of baddies reinforcing eacother beliefs.

tanks aren’t royalty. They aren’t inherently good player, or know more about the dungeons. Primadonnas tank shouldn’t be tolerated… if you are slacking, and can’t handle the critique / the pressure… GTFO from the role.

The difference is it generates no additional threat, it generates an amount of threat equal to the top threat. If that players has 10k threat, taunt will give you instantly 10k threat.

Nothing annoys me more than tanks who need to stare at a group of mobs for 10 seconds before every pull. Just shoot the damn thing and LoS. I’ll wand that crap if you are too scared to pull.

this is a useless post. flagging.

or you could say… “hey man, can we go a little faster?”

A healer wanding isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

The tone of the run is often set within the first few pulls, and healers setting the pace by wanding can result in very smooth and timely runs too.

It doesn’t always have to be done in the exact same way for things to be all good.

There aren’t tanks in RFC. There’s DPS and heals.

DC Universe Online was very interesting that there were only two specific roles: tank or healer. No dps.

Tank is probably waiting for charge or blood rage cooldown so he has some rage to do something before you instantly pull healing aggro. But hey, feel free to make his job harder for him because you’re bored.

2 Likes

DPS that are pulling before the tank are just trying to get ahead on the damage meters. The more health and more fresh the mob is the more they can add more damage points in.

If you like to pull before anyone else and not focus fire (switch targets constantly) than you’re playing the wrong role… tanking is more of your forte.

1 Like

When rage starved and they have aggro do not taunt it off them right away. Swing a few times to get some rage, then taunt and spam sunder before taunt wears off. This will put you at the top of aggro

^QFT After I see that happen I tell them that it prevents me from generating rage. If they do it again, I explicitly tell them not to PW:Shield me unless I am imminently in danger of death and a direct heal would be too slow on its own to prevent that. Every time, unless it actually was necessary, I manually will click off the buff and be thankful that Weakened Soul will prevent me from getting the effect from them again for several seconds.

Have you even done classic end game dungeons? You don’t charge. You better not go in like an idiot and aggro everything.

1 Like

n some sort of sick, twisted, echo-chamber of baddies reinforcing eacother beliefs.

requoted the relevant part for you.

RFC is nothing to sweat about. It’s not even level 20. Of course it’s awkward in there.