Tanked first dungeon tonight

So, I’ve healed, I’ve DPS’d. I’ve always wanted to tank, but I’m bipolar 1 and have some anxiety and was always worried I’d mess up and ruin someone else’s fun. Well, I have a guild on Grob called “Old People.” A few of us have played for years. Many of us have never played WoW at all. But, all of them are loving Classic so far. Anyway, since no one had any experience except a couple of us my friend decided to heal, and I decided to tank.

I had so much fun. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for years. Doing it with friends and newbs was a blast. I know it’s an easy dungeon, but we ran through it with only one death. I love this game.

We’re moving slow because, well most of us are old people with jobs, family’s etc. Let’s just say over 40. But, we’re doing all the dungeons. If anyone out there on Grob wants to move slow. Never be shamed because you mess up in a dungeon. And just be with cool, laid back folks. Hit buktrouble up. Just no jerks, racists, homophobes, etc.

24 Likes

You guys sound fun, talk soon!

2 Likes

Nice post have fun!

1 Like

Congratulations on your first experience tanking! I am happy you had so much fun. :grin:

4 Likes

Vanilla is slow paced enough, especially early on, that you can really learn to play while you level. That used to be the point of the leveling process lol. Crazy idea these days, I know.

4 Likes

Have fun! you’ll enjoy it i’m sure

2 Likes

Wait till you study the meta. Been a tank for 13 years, still haven’t grasped all of it.

1 Like

Good on you man.

The only thing i worry about is etiquette and finishing.

We’re all allowed go progress and get better in the mean time.

1 Like

I tanked a lot back in WotLK on my warrior. It’s best to be with friends early on when you’re learning the dungeons as a tank, which is a bit different from knowing them inside and out as a DPS. You’re friends will be more forgiving!
Funny story though. My first time in Culling of Stratholme as a tank I mentioned I didn’t know where to go and the hunter told me “It’s easy! Just follow the tank!”

2 Likes

Beautiful report, brother.

Welcome.

The best part of tanking is caring about the group and the result. Good on you for overcoming your fears: that’s boss as s@it.

4 Likes

Joined! Looking forward to playing with you guys!

2 Likes

You little perv you :joy:

1 Like

Hey Blrtl,

That’s awesome that you had fun tanking. What class did you tank on? I’ve been having a lot of fun with my warrior, and just wrote a bit of a guide on Warrior tanking. I’d love some feedback on it, if you’re interested.

I’ve been wanting to try Druid and Paladin tanking also, but I think I’ll be focusing on my Warrior for at least the foreseeable future.

Which dungeon was it? For some reason, I pictured WC in my mind, while reading your post.