Tank advice? Debuffs

Tanking is fun. I like it. I dont lead, but I get the job done in LFR.

My main issue is debuffs. Many fights are two tanks and we taunt off each other at stacks. I check their icon and there are like 30 things on there. I dont see the debuffs.

How are you tanks seeing just the debuffs you are looking for?

i either configure dbm to tell me what’s up or just wait for my co-tank to yell at me about taunting

3 Likes

Things you could try:

Putting off tank as focus target and checking his debuffs.

Using dbm addon and taunting when it says taunt.

Getting a ui addon that let’s you change what buffs/debuffs you see on players.

Checking out various websites that tell you when to swap.

DBM/Bigwigs will track this sort of stuff for you.

Buffs are Always on the top, debuffs are always on a separate lower row. Normally the debuff will have a red border to make it easier to see.

Finally if you turn on raid frames in the ui and look at the tanks health bar you can see the debuffs on their hp bar.

DBM does it without requiring any setup. You’ll hear a loud noise and huge text will pop up telling you when to taunt.

I have a weak aura that tracks the tank swap mechanics and makes it super easy. Check wago

There are lots of weak auras to help you manage tank swaps. I am a big fan of this one:

wago.io/slcotank2/18

1 Like

I find that DBM, or the general raid weak auras track that kind of thing, along with most of the time the bosses will cast the debuff so you can count that way as well.

Have Deadly Boss Mobs and count the debuffs yourself as you go. Before you go into the fight, create two macros that you put on your action bars.

One is “Taunt (off me)” and the other is “Taunting (off you - the other tank)”. You can word them however you like but when it’s time for you to taunt, click on the “Taunting” macro and when you want them to taunt off you, click on the “Taunt (off me)” macro.

That way, you are keeping track of your debuffs and counting the debuff stacks via Deadly Boss Mods and you don’t have to type anything when you want to communicate to the other tank that you’re taunting off them or that you want them to taunt off you.

You just click on the text macros for each whenever you want to.

That’s how I did it in the Kil’Jaeden LFR fight back when it was current. Worked like a charm. Hope that helped. ^.^

:blossom:

If you go to wago and look for the cotank weakaura it helps alot. Tells you how many stacks of a debuff your cotank has.

Use a weak aura to show important debuffs on your co tank.

Or set him as your focus and show debuffs on your focus frame

Weak aura route is better, though.

Yeah all of the above make sure you have a good supply of drinks and some techno music to muffle all the whine from others in the group .

Blizzard doesn’t like to properly develop their game so they expect you to install 3rd party tools to see these things. They then balance the game around having them. Addons have gone overboard IMO.

They can easily see the debuffs from the raid frames, no need for any addons.