Tame undead?

Am I just unlucky? I still have not found the book. Is there a place to farm it where it might drop more than just doing normal every day stuff with heroics, or normal dungeons?

Any mob from Maldraxxus has a chance to drop it, I think it is pretty low chance so gotta grind a lot.

1 Like

Was reading on wowhead in the comments and it seems like a lot of them get it in the heroic/normal instances. Had yours dropped for you? I really want Stinky and the other pup from ICC.

It may have a higher drop chance in dungeons. I haven’t gotten mine yet :confused:

I got the drop doing the theater daily in maldraxxus.

1 Like

Farm the elites in Maldraxxus. Where I got mine.

thx y’all ill try maldraxxus tonight

I don’t think the drop rate could be that low. I got mine in my first 10 minutes in Maldraxxus while leveling.

1 Like

I believe mine dropped while running through a dungeon in Maldraxxus. It was fairly early on too.

I ended up getting mine within the first few minutes of leveling my hunter during maldraxxus storyline. I got it from some elite.

I just have had the craziest luck as I got it on my first quest or so and thought it was like in Draenor where those things just dropped right away.

Hopefully the OP gets it soon. I got mine off random mob. Someone else got one in Plagiefall the other day so it drops in instances if you are farming for the legendary. May as well farm both at the same time.

Pretty sure I got mine back when I was spamming heroic dungeons - dropped out of one of the Maldraxxus dungeons

I was lucky when I got it off some random trash mobs open world. Literally just kill stuff and you’ll get it.

I got mine off an elite that looks like Mortanis (Morbid Boneguard). It roams the area of one of the bonus objectives. I wasn’t farming for the book, I just wanted to see if I could solo it on my SV.

All weekend I tried and STILL don’t have it lol… Ugh… I bet I got it and sold to vendor. Do vendors buy this?

UGH!!! I was in Maldraxxus for like 6 hours on Friday night… Killed so many mobs there that I had to go empty my bags at a vendor.

I want Stinky and Precious.

just about any Elite mob seems to have a higher chance to drop the book. I like many got mine from a dungeon it was actually dropped by the first boss of plaguefall. It is my assumption that anything in a dungeon can drop the book so my recommendation would be to do any leather farm in Maldraxxus while Qing heroic. That way you can get some leather to sell to make use of the time spent in Q.

Very dumb question but I am thinking it might have dropped then I just sold it… If I did that without using it would I get another to drop?

If yes, are you 100% sure? I spent another three hours looking for one.

EDIT: FINALLY after 26 hours of farming I got the Simple tome of bone-whatever. Got my Stinky and Precious. Didn’t know they were considered hounds though. Are there any good undead tank pets?

I use stinky as my animal companion so he’s basically just cosmetic.

And there’s undead devilsaurs.

Got mine from the last boss of the plauge dungeon. When I first zoned in I was like I don’t want to do this, but figured it wouldn’t take as long as the debut. Also I tried to get it from maldraxus from 56-60 and actually hit 60 before that boss so maybe you have to be 60 for it to drop?