Talent trees

Is it possible to separate two spells that share the same talent node? I do not understand why the developers put two of my main spells on the same talent node. I honestly want an answer to this question. Are the developers actively trying to ruin game play and make people quit the game? Is it possible to go back to the way the game was before the dragon flight prepatch introduced the talent trees? Furthermore, is there a complaint line or separate forum?
I know this community and I already know some of your snarky comments are coming.

I don’t believe having to choose between two things you want is enough to make you quit.

5 Likes

Most people are enjoying these changes. I also leveled up a pally allied race during prepatch and enjoyed my time with it. I’d suggest not dwelling on the past, or you’re going to very unhappy.

2 Likes

Well, Paladins have been having a rough go of it specifically.

My friend who mained HPal said it’s been so bad he doesn’t want to play it at all now. It’s kinda sad. I think what frustrates me most about it is that it was brought up a lot in beta.

No.

To force you to make a choice.

1 Like

If two talents you want are on the same node then your class is purposely designed to choose one or the other

I’d love to have Anger Management and Reckless Abandon on my Fury Warrior, but I’m not meant to be able to have both

2 Likes

it seems like they are doing weekly balance patches with the classes, so that’s a plus. To be fair, classes change. Mains also change someone might be a Hpally because they play nice one xpack and decide to go to another healer the next. Personally I play Tank and heals on my pally and didn’t find it bad at all honestly. But to my credit, i don’t main them, so I’m not hyper focused on changes like that.

I’ll have to ask him specifically what he thinks he’d change, but overall he seemed to think it just wasn’t as rewarding as it was in the past. I don’t play much Paladin beyond Ret and Prot, so I don’t personally have a dog in the race. I haven’t even looked at Prot’s talents in DF, either. It does seem they have a bug in queued content preventing them from getting HP from certain abilities, though. It’s strange.

To be fair, pallys have always been pretty boring on the tank and healing fronts.

Might be a hot take but all the tanks are pretty boring, really. BrM’s the only one with interesting stuff going on. In this case by boring I guess I mean simplistic.

Nope, it’s a choice.

No.

No.

thank you
it’s a long line of straws over several expansions this is the final straw.

Here are my reasons I put in the sub cancellation section.
“The talent Trees in WOW. Two of my main spells are on the same talent node. This has ruined game play for me and is the last straw in a long line changes. 4 expansions of flight gating, the many item level and stat squishes, the level theft going from 120 to 50, the whole shadow lands expansion creeped me out, and now this talent tree nonsense. It’s like the developers are trying to make me quit.”

Who knows I maybe back

The talent trees are great. Look beyond your class and understand this was needed to make leveling more engaging and rewarding.

I know pallys got the short end of the stick, but the talent trees overall are a great change.

I have the same main and class since I started the game in 2012. I really have no problem other than this one talent tree node. As far as leveling I was already engaged and felt rewarded. This one change has soured me on the game. Although to be fair this is the straw that broke the camel’s back.
I don’t need, want, or even use a useless spell, light of dawn, and they base a whole string of nodes on that spell yet take two spells that I do use, lights hammer and holy prism, and put them on one node.

obviously. lol.

When they removed Life Tap from my Lock, I figured out then not to trust that anything will be permanent in this game.
After I paid $60 to boost a hunter and then two weeks later they trashed my pets aggro…that was the last straw. Im not getting attached to ANY class anymore.
They want to treat classes and specs as roaming vagabonds, fine by me. I’ll just keep moving around between them using whatever is the least annoying at the time.

1 Like

bruh

Ok there’s got to be a story here

I have no idea how. Stuff was given to us with no choice and 7 lousy points wasn’t rewarding or engaging at all.

And as for the level squish… do you know thst it was done because the talent system couldn’t keep up and nkw that it’s been changed, they’ll never have to do it.

lol yes shadow lands expansion was, well for a lack of a better explanation, made me feel creeped out as if blizzard had asked me to wear someone else’s dirty underwear. Sorry to be so graphic.