Talent trees and classes

So i haven’t been able to find this information on the plans for classic. In classic are they going back to the original talent trees or are we getting more a modernized updated talent tree compared to what we had then. My biggest concern was because back then some classes were not as good at their roles as they are today, such as paladins really didn’t become good tanks until burning crusade, because they had no real agro tools or tanking, it was mostly hybridized healer/dps trying to tank back then. I played a paladin tank back then and basically it was self healing and dpsing to generate threat but mostly we just stood there and auto attacked while we healed ourselves.

Also with regard to classes, are the races that existed back in vanilla going to have access to some of the classes they were granted. Such as tauren having access to paladins and dwarves having access to shamans. As it stands vanilla left those two classes as faction specific, and i was just wondering if they would at least allow some of those current classes available to the races that now have access to them. I could see not having access to the monk till pandaria, but it would be nice to be able to play some of the expanded classes as the races that currently existed in vanilla.

Bad troll, bad

6 Likes

There will be no changes to classes. If you want “equal” classes then you can play BFA or find a private server.

1 Like

i am not trolling I am actually asking a serious question since I can’t seem to find any information on what i asked. It says they are only doing original races for vanilla, but doesn’t say if the classes will be expanded on, if paladins and shamans will be faction specific still, and i can’t find any information if we are having to go back to the orginal hybridized trees or not.

Troll thread confirmed

4 Likes

Classic is a recreation of Vanilla Wow. That answers all your questions.

6 Likes

thank you for the answer. So it is true to vanilla including all the older systems and everything. And to the trolls who call me a troll because all they can say is this is a troll threads, perhaps being more helpful with your replies instead of trolling just to get number of posts. You guys are the reason people don’t like these forums to begin with due to being the real trolls.

Yes it is.

Troll thread confirmed.

1 Like

https://www.classicwowbuilds.com/

There ya go…

or

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc

1 Like

Hmm, did you try the stickied posts at the top of this forum :thinking:?

3 Likes

The only think that would have made it worse is if it had been posted by a troll…

This is worse than a troll, this is purposely not looking something up to keep your hopes high and then post on the forums like: Hee are we getting this? because I dont want it!

In a sense it’s still a troll, the difference is that OP trolled himself.

You actually enjoy a talent system that removed tons of baseline abilities to make them “talent tree” choices that have ruined the core design of the classes and turned them into withered husks of their former glory?

Did you even try to look for the answer?

It will be as close as they can get to the 'Classic experience ’ so if your class can heal, you are a healer. Tanks are warriors and healers (even Paladins) wear cloth. Oh and all loot is hunter loot.

Playing the victim? Won’t work.

:cactus:

They will be using the old talent trees, yes. They are going with the 1.12 patch of Classic. There is a sticky at the top of these forums that tells all about the phases of release.

They have said they do not intend to make any changes to the classes, so no class balance if that is what you are hoping for. Classes and talent trees will be tuned to old Vanilla 1.12.

And while not all classes were top dps or the like, all excelled in different areas of the game.