Talent: Cheat Death Should Trigger Vanish

Cheat Death: Fatal attacks instead reduce you to 7% of your maximum health. For 3 sec afterword, you take 85% reduced damage. Cannot trigger more often than once per 6 min.

As a Rogue, I would think cheat death should trigger a free* vanish so you can really choose to cheat the death against overwhelming odds. This is a talent and should at least reflect the class fantasy, right now it is generic.

1 Like

Personally I think cheat death is a braindead talent that promotes bad gameplay, at least taking elusiveness gives you the ability to make plays. If you are able to pre feint a swap onto you in arena or in any sort of pvp then you will live most of the time. Cheat death is a talent that should basically only be taken in mythic plus and raids.

2 Likes

I think Cheat Death is good as a “training wheels” ability, for players who aren’t yet confident in their ability to make feint plays, but like any automatic passive it’s far too on rails to be useful 100% of the time.

By the time Cheat Death rolls in, more often than not you’re dead anyway right after so it’s meh in that circumstance. I’d leave it as is for an option for newer rogues who are still learning the ropes though.

Cheat Death needs to be fixed before it’s usable anyhow. It usually triggers 3 secs after the killing blow anyhow and sometimes doesn’t trigger at all.

This seems like a better idea for a PvP talent than part of the actual ability. It would be very strong in PvP as Vanish + Cloak of Shadows is already one of our best escape tools. To have another charge of that waiting to go when we get near to death would infuriate a lot of other classes.

Cheat Death is fine for PVE. For PVP stick to other talents like Elusiveness.

1 Like