Talanji is a hypocrite

I really wished I lived in Pheandra’s world, where, like, the problems with Warcraft Lore are the fault of a cabal of evil Horde Players who secretly love doing genocide and Blizzard just catering to them at the expense of the poor Alliance players, instead of, like, a corporation making inept decisions due to poor management and internal disagreement.

It sounds much more exciting.

17 Likes

Its not exciting. Its aggravating because always in the end you get no meaningful justice.
You have to value the Horde over your own faction. Their interests come above yours.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel that. Living over here in reality’s not great either.

15 Likes

Well in the end you are getting what you want.
The whole honor horde thing. Yeah Teldrassil happened and yeah Horde has been crappy but they have been walking it back since it happened.
You got 3 cinematics that Horde is totally good now.
The latest Crossroads all but confirms it.

You get to beat the Alliance and play the Hero.
What more could you possibly want?

1 Like

Isn’t it obvious, Pheandra-San? I will not be satisfied until my spoooooky eeevviiilll horde plan to see every Alliance npc decapitated, stormwind blighted, ironforge turned into an stable for Tauren and every good light-worshiping family in the world brainwashed into serving the Dark Lady! Nyahahahaha! You were right all along!

No. Obviously. It’s not enough. The scrap of Honor Horde I’ve been given isn’t enough because they’ve proven that they’ll take it away again whenever an Alliance character needs an excuse to be a Big Strong War Man. It’s not enough because this is a version of ‘Horde Redemption’ that is fundamentally about the Horde coming to be redeemed in the eyes of the Alliance, not about them having any moral agency on their own. It’s not enough because all this horrible stuff already happened.

This is a waste of time. You’ve chugged the faction koolaid so hard you seem to believe that us Horde posters are somehow morally complicit in the nastybad stuff blizzard made the fake green pixels do, and you just aren’t interested in the truth about how Horde players feel. Arguing with you is exhausting and I’m not going to do it anymore.

12 Likes

Except they haven’t if they did Baine would outraged over Teldrassil and not Sylvanas violating Forsaken Freewill.
It would be Saurfang on his knees begging forgiveness rather than threatening Andiun and complaining Sylvanas is totally ruining his super awesome Metal Horde with her goth kooties.
Blizzard has been doing everything in their power to highlight the Horde honor by pushing Horde interests rather than Alliance interests as you seem to imply.
Thrall never apologized, barely mentioned Teldrassil, you know the greatest genocide ever and all it ever got was a “We all got blood on our hands” Jaina.
No Jaina. We don’t. The disparity is not even comparable but the Horde needs to be vindicated, so we have to push this false equivalency of parity between the two factions.

I never said that.
I said Blizzard favours you. They try to give the best of both worlds.
They give you the victory over the Alliance that they will never give the Alliance.
But they also do everything in their power to absolve you of any blame.

The Alliance is the professional victim that exudes saint like understanding and forgiveness.

We have so many excuses that it ain’t even funny.
Just look at Stormheim as an example.

1 Like

The thing with Zul he became so popular among the people that he was literally untouchable and if he was dealt with, a civil war or unrest could happend as you can see with Lorewalker Cho, Zul literally got a lot of followers to blindly follow him.

Only thing I could blame Talanji or Rastakhan was just not reacting fast enough with Zul but then again those things are called by the plot. Onyxia deception lasted for years just like KT spreading a death cult under the nose of the silver hand and the king.

3 Likes

A diplomatic mission to lend aid to an organization we were at war with. That removes any diplomatic immunity you may have.

Talanji: “I am on a diplomatic mission from Zandalar!”

Anduin: “You are part of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor! Take her away!”

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was not the rebel Alliance who blew up Alderaan. So no, the Alliance is not the empire.

1 Like

Actually Blizzard was the one who made such a Star Wars comparison. They compared Warcraft’s Alliance aggression with the Galactic Empire.

They said 8.1 and the Alliance attack on Dazaralor would be like “the Empire Strikes Back”.

And the Alliance does attack Talanji’s home. Just as the Empire attacked Leia’s home.

7 Likes

Why make the argument that Talanji may as well have killed her father herself? I don’t know why anyone would go through the trouble of spinning the events of the game to absolve the Alliance of any guilt. Just wait for Blizzard to inevitably retcon it into the lore.

I disagree. I don’t think having a victim complex is as fun as it sounds.

3 Likes

So, at Teldrassil the Warchief’s plan was to hold the city hostage to divide the Alliance. Then kill Malfurion to demoralize the Night Elves. Then to wipe out Darnassus to divide the Alliance and win the war.

Is the Alliance divided? Is the Horde winning?

Then at Undercity the plan was to route the Alliance and keep the city. The back-up plan was to sacrifice the city to take out the Alliance leadership.

Was the city defended? Was the Alliance leadership killed?

So Sylvanas accomplished exactly zero of her objectives and lost her capital, but according to you these were epic victories that went “according to plan”. Because she got to escape while waggling her fist or something, in true super villain fashion.

Okay.

13 Likes

Sylvanas never told anyone other than the Horde player in the in-game event that she wanted Malfurion killed. She never told Saurfang. And in fact, in her proposal to split the Alliance in A Good War Sylvanas even mentioned Malfurion being alive:

“The Gilneans will be furious if the Alliance acts to help the kaldorei first,” she said. “The boy in Stormwind will have a political crisis on his hands. He is smart, but he is not experienced. What happens when Genn Greymane, Malfurion Stormrage, and Tyrande Whisperwind all demand differing actions? He is not a high king like his father. The respect the others give him is a courtesy, not an obligation. Anduin Wrynn will rapidly become a leader who cannot act. If the Alliance will not march as one, each nation will act in its own interest. Each army will return home to protect their lands from us.”

So Sylvanas burning Teldrassil was Sylvanas throwing that victory away more than anyone else.

Lordaeron I will admit was just things Sylvanas didn’t plan for like Jaina flying in on a magic boat all of a sudden and Alleria opening up void portals and ignoring the city walls.

2 Likes

Sorry but no. Zandalar had every right to go to war just on the fact that their princess was captured and imprisoned by the Alliance for no reason. You don’t capture a kingdom’s royal heir and not expect them to retaliate if she escapes. That’s why the Alliance was chasing her. They knew if she got home, the Zandalar Trolls would immediately retaliate the moment they learned what happened.

And it just so happened that the Alliance was at war with another faction. Might as well ally with them since they are fighting the same enemy. At the time they weren’t a part of the Horde per se, but allied but they were in their right to do so. The Alliance put everything in motion the moment they captured and imprisoned Talanji. And they knew what they did too.

4 Likes

Oh absolutely everything went according to plan.
She just never got the outcomes she planned for but everything did go exactly as she prepared for.

Perhaps Sylvanas should take some course in realistic goal setting.
Small and realizable goals.

We were already at war. Remember Isle of Thunder?

Zandalar as a nation wasn’t at war with the Alliance. Once they captured their princess, well they pushed the green light themselves. That’s why they gave chase so hard.

I though it was because they were pursuing the Horde that just tried to burn Stormwind to the ground.

Chasing them to literally halfway across the planet as opposed to just assaulting a capital city like they did? And on relatively short notice too as they had to have shoved off not long after Talanji left to keep track of them. There was no reason to chase the Horde. They would know where they would be going. But the Zandalar princess? Now that’s an unknown they can’t lose or they’d have another enemy to fight.

They were pursuing Horde agents who broke out trolls from Zandalar with a history of attacking Alliance.
These agents also tried to burn down Stormwind.

Obviously they will get pursued.