Takeaways on the Darkshore scenario?

I’m trying to figure out why he seems different (he’s still standing on the Banshee’s Wail). Maybe it’s that he got grown to Important NPC Size whereas he was like Eitrigg and just player-size before? I dunno.

wow.zamimg.

com/uploads/screenshots/normal/769780-high-warlord-cromush.jpg

Updated visuals is the only update I see.

I’d say still in the same ballpark, the Glaive thrower(both Night Elf version and Blood Elf) has an ‘auto-fire’ mode that it can be kitted out for, then transition back to long ranged glaive thrower. The edges of the glaives also being ‘moon blessed’ for whatever it’s worth.

Also, I feel I should point out the Night Elves can now reverse the effects of blight rather quickly. As displayed by the transition of the bases.

Which I hope they build upon, I’d like to see some Overgrowth going on if Iron Horde stuff is coming. Really unleash Nature in it’s full devastating form, mind spore some orcs, trolls or tauren.

Twisted and gnarled thorns ripping out of the ground in Ashenvale and making it a nightmare to traverse.

Do you have a source?

Oh hey, I did not in fact know that the glaives had an auto-fire mode. That makes them substantially less ridiculous in a stand up fight with…anything.

It’s in the Alliance base, the same moon well that Tyrande uses for the ritual is filled with Blight and the ground around it is soaked in it.

Alliance take the base and it’s cleansed.

I ASSUME it’s an outfitting type, something to set up before battle. You’ve got cartridge fed glaive throwers that can be in the front line and shredding units and then you’ve got the long-range typical outfit.

You don’t think gameplay reasons are a little flimsy?

Not really, no. The Druidess that was in the Plaguelands was committing herself to research on how to reverse the adverse effects of the Scourge with the Argent Crusade. We see the effects of her research as well as that of the Crusade in West Plaguelands. Plus, the Kaldorei ARE the opposite of the Forsaken, they’re going to be able to reverse most damage the Forsaken can do. Life vs Death and all.

It’s not that far to think since Malfurion’s devotion to the Kaldorei cause, a majority of CC druids are fighting the effects of the Forsaken.

The Druids of the Branch, which is the healing unit, is a druid that focuses on mending and healing nature magic.

1 Like

No, i think that nelfs are now able to counter the entire blight.

in fact, when the scenario finishes in the alliance side malfurion makes all the trees grow back.

I think you’re confused with the plague of death and the Forsaken blight, and no, I wouldn’t personally take the 6 days it takes for the bases to change as canon. References gameplay as canon opens a whole other can of worms that doesn’t make sense canonically

What I’m saying is; the potential is there and isn’t that outlandish.

It would be certainly bias to say that the Night Elves have no way of fighting the effects of the Blight.

You’re right in the sense that it isn’t outlandish to believe that the Night Elf druid are working to counter and reverse the effects to the blight, but it doesn’t make much sense that they can quickly reverse the Forsaken blight unless we’ve received some sort of new sources.

I mean, in fairness, do Sira and Summermoon? Without doing mental gymnastics?

It might be a different topic but this scenario is very much a power fantasy for both Forsaken and Night elf players.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think it’s necessarily bad if the Blight has counters, if for no other reason than it forces the writers to stop using it as a cure-all (kill-all?). Maybe they should take some notes from the questing department - we’ve already made use of pterrordax, goren, shadowhunter stealth, some good old artillery, crawler mines, and an Iron Star in the faction incursions I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Still holding out hope for some Overgrowth influences.

I want my rampant and destructive nature force heckingdarnit.

If the Horde get Iron Horde tech, gimmegimme that sweet Vicious Nature.

Sorry, meant to say Primals. Though Overgrowth is just as good an example.

Finally, the true war can begin, not between this stupid void and light junk, but life and death.

People of the Story Forums, lend me your bleach. With enough we can finally make Azeroth the sterile, lifeless husk that it was always meant to be.

2 Likes

He’s got this line which you’ll love “Kul Tiras will fall. For your Warchief! Lok-tar ogar!”

I know this is a Darkshore thread but incursions are being brought up so I just wanna say I loved getting to roll around as an azerite empowered ironstar in Tiragarde and Voodoo mask in Drustvar. Nice to see elements of the Horde’s war machine other than blight (though I do enjoy a good blighting).

1 Like

I missed where the HIghborne get used. Was that in the Alliance version?

Curious. I would actually take this thought process as making it so nothing the Horde players actually sees on Darkshore is actual canon, as the Alliance introduction leads right into the Alliance version of the Warfront as one continuous piece of narrative, while the Horde controlled Darkshore exists only for the gameplay reason of mechanically allowing the Alliance players the week to queue, as obviously story wise once you win the Warfront as the Alliance Darkshore should already be in the state reflective of that.