Taivan mount size reduction is a bad decision

Not much to say. Halfway thru finishing the more complicated tasks for the meta achieve I’m just leaving it because the reward changed.
Small Taivan is not worth all the trouble.

What was the idea behind this change? I can’t find any sense to it.

(“Fun detected”)

45 Likes

The mount looked way better before, a bit weird this was changed.

24 Likes

Agreed Taivan looked amazing before and now looks like a regular bakar despite the actual Taivan being much bigger. They should revert the change and go back to the original size. I am assuming it was for clipping issues but it still looked better the old way. Give us the giant dog.

26 Likes

Is there a possibility for scaling with certain mounts. Like Taivan?

As a base idea, outdoor zones or raids / certain areas it retains it’s larger size.
Within City bounds or rested areas it shrinks?

The larger mount is a big point of enjoyment for many players. It’s a shame to see doggo downsized.

6 Likes

They Shrinky Dink’d the poor dog, Maybe it was due to certain models clipping? I think many will prefer an oversized Dog, that’s why I have a Golden Retriever lol

1 Like

I agree that part of the draw is that Taivan was an oversized mount, especially given that he was large in the game already.

I don’t think it has to do with “fun detected”, but probably has to do with model clipping and other issues. Some of my characters already can’t enter buildings without dismounting first which is a bit of a hassle. That and the potential for some people griefing with giant mounts might have also been a factor. Hard to say, but I’m sure it wasn’t simply because too many people were “having fun”.

3 Likes

All the clipping and griefing potential is already within the game with much simpler mounts to get. Hell, all the KSM mounts are big enough to be a problem.

This change is nonsensical.

6 Likes

Sure, there are tons of ways to grief in the game already, so it doesn’t matter if they add more?

But no, I’m sure you’re right. Blizzard hates fun and wants to ruin everything for everyone. That must be the true reason. In fact, I bet they specifically made it larger than they wanted on purpose just so they could scale it down and make everyone extra mad.

Taivan was posted to return to his regular size here: Taivan Mount Animation Fixes in 10.2.7

I do not feel like he needed to be made smaller for animation reasons but I am glad he will eventually be returning to his full glory.

2 Likes

yeah, it’s a great call on Blizz’s part. Forums were getting enthusiastic.

1 Like