T3 Rep Essences not available on alt roles

So I’ve confirmed it that unless you are playing an alt role that shares rep essences, this system still forces you to grind out rep over and over on your alts of a different role.

So in my case, I’ve been grinding Rajani as much as I can on my DPS to farm CVs. When check MOTHER to buy the T3 Rajani for my Blood DK, since I’ve technically met the requirements to buy it on an alt, I can’t buy it because my DPS can’t buy it to unlock it.

In short:
Warlock - Revered Rajani
Rep Essence: None

Blood DK - Honored Rajani
Rep Essence: Touch of the Everlasting

I cannot buy the essence, so I’m still stuck grinding out the rep again on my DK, meaning that I’ll have to grind out any reps AGAIN on my priest for her role specific essences. This was a good start, but still forcing repeated rep grinds for alts not of the same role is still gonna drive people not to want to do it.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t feel bad for pure dps.

Didn’t hear them complaining about how unfair it was hybrids had to grind more of the required currency for several essence for each off spec.

I’m confused.

The system description (from a blue post) stated:

Why would you think that you would be able to buy rank 3 essences that you haven’t earned on another character using the Echoes?

1 Like

The thread 5 days ago made it sound like there was going to be an exception, at least for the essences earned via Nazjatar and Mechagon reps:

You comparison is HIGHLY flawed, and that’s putting it nicely.

We’ll take Nazj, for example. Hybrids still only had to grind a rep once to get access to ALL the role essences. Sure, they still had to grind the pearls, but that was it. A few days at most, can be done with in roughly a WEEK if they did everything in Nazj every day, including chest searching.

Anyone who played a single role class still had to grind out the rep AND the currency on any other alt roles, which equates to MONTHS of grinding. Last I checked, months > a week.

I do understand it.

I don’t care.

Mail your alts the BoA rep tokens.

So you’re purposely bringing up an incorrect comparison just for the sake of saying “you don’t care”? What a life you must lead there champ. Feel free to move on to another thread for your edgy trolling.

Hybrids constantly have to put in more work for gearing, essences, etc.

Pure’s crying is enjoyable.

If the blue post five days ago mentioned Naz and Mech essences being different… maybe it’s a bug? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Don’t log in on your alt first you will get screwed. Nothing from my box and first invasion fantastic