System Settings (No Sound Driver)

Having the same issue i dont understand why its ONLY wow messing up

try this ---- Control panel > All Control Panel Items > Sound ---- right click and disable all playback devices but the one you what to use and reboot or download IObit Driver Booster and update only the sound driver(s)

Here’s my solution:
right click the speaker icon in the taskbar,
click playback tab on the window,
right click the item that is your default sound device and click on properties,
click on the advanced tab of that window,
make certain that all boxes under “Exclusive Mode” is unchecked,
click ok,
click ok again,
now, reboot your computer and hopefully, this worked for you.

It did for me!

1 Like

i had the same issue just go to your start bar type device managers go to game controllers uninstall all ur drivers restart ur pc and it should work fine

I just ran into this issue and when looking through the sound logs i noticed it was trying to default to a sound device that was once plugged into the computer at one point in time but wasn’t anymore.
i tried a combination of the steps
scan and repair
deleting the WTF, cache and interface folders
reinstalling the game
updating sound drivers and 3rd party software
but none of these worked.
I went and grabbed said sound device it was trying to use(headphones that were on another computer) and when i plugged them in and launched WoW i magically had sound. Now with them plugged in i could see all my sound devices in game and was able to change which one it was using. I tested that it would stay working by closing the game unplugging the headphones and the sound was still coming through the device i wanted it to come through without any issues. I really hope this helps someone because all this troubleshooting took upwards of 2 hours lol. Would be happy to answer any questions past this post.

1 Like