Sylvanas voice over (spoilers)

I had to make sure you were right but find some things that may counter your claim.

In both Genn and Sylvanas bio’s in wowpedia tell it was a poison arrow that fired and hit Genn:

Genn then charges at her but Sylvanas evades him and shoots a poisoned arrow at his shoulder, thus turning Genn human.

I even looked at the Alliance award after the events in vault called Onyx Arrowhead and the quest Ending the New Beginning where Lorna Crowley tells us this after completing the quest:

You’re awake! We nearly lost you there…

It’s a good thing we managed to get you and Greymane out of there in time, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to reverse Sylvanas’s poison. It’s a shame she got away, but her plans in Skold-Ashil failed and we have you to thank for it.

I’m sure Greymane will order a commendation for you once he is fully recovered. You did a great thing here, <name>.

Gilneas is in your debt.

oh okay, i stand corrected. granted it says they reversed the poisons in genn so the arrow in gilneas could have still killed him

1 Like

Well Liam wasn’t a Worgen either, so that is probably why he died. Genn is a Worgen, and has natural resistance to Shadow and Nature stuff if I remember correctly because of the Worgen racial.

1 Like

That’s True too.

Why would she ask me to weed her out?

7 Likes

Well, if I remember right, the original lines aren’t voiced. So the fact that they’re adding them might mean something. I’m hesitant to say Worgen Heritage armor quest but… maybe?

Also, yea, the Voice Actor for Sylvanas is always on her A game. the last lines kinda gave me chills.

2 Likes

That’s the mystery box squatting on any understanding of the story, and one I am getting really sick of Blizzard dangling as some masterstroke of fiction.

8 Likes

Oh that’s a good theory! I doubt it’s the heritage armor, unless the voice line is for later use past 8.2.

I am thinking, like mentioned above, it might be for a flashback sequence maybe? At which point I have a bad feeling…

i hear its just because the voice line was never recorded in the original quest, and now they are adding it

2 Likes

Well I thought they had plans to update the worgen model. Could probably add Heritage armor on top of that.

I feel like its too early for that though

1 Like

F A C T I O N P R I D E

/f

1 Like

Im sorry happy

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m getting this sense that it all might hearken back to Sylvanas’ dialogue in the trailer cinematic. About “forgetting what makes us strong.”

Like maybe she’s instigating this war as a twisted take on the MoP “lesson” about the Alliance and Horde making each other stronger by both existing, translating in Sylvanas’ mind to thinking the only way to keep the world strong enough to fight whatever comes next is if it’s forever embroiled in the perpetual horror of war. Like in an inverse of Wrathion thinking one faction needed to conquer the other, she thinks they both need to be forever trying to conquer each other to remain at the top of their game.

Causing her to look at things like the Scourging of Quel’thalas and Lordaeron, or the failure at the Broken Shore and attribute them to the world becoming weak and complacent after the old Horde was crushed and after the factions tacitly cooperated in Draenor. So she starts this newest war, has the factions tearing into each other to “grow stronger,” and then lures both into Azshara’s ambush to test her theory against a legitimately threatening third party foe.

Except it fails and N’zoth escapes because with her fixation on hardening and building up the factions’ military might through war, she’s failed to account for or really even acknowledge the existence of the Heart of Azeroth and how its presence could affect the way events turn out in Nazjatar. So since the world relies primarily upon its semi-independent Justice League of player superheroes for defense rather than either of the factions themselves, with our attentions divided we come up short in stopping the Old God from breaking free and any strength the Alliance and Horde has been garnering from this war remains only useful for continuing to fight each other and thoroughly worthless for anything else.