Sylvanas got away with genocide

Is Sylvanas like the first villain that could just completely exterminate a playable race and nearly remove it from existence and get away completely unscarred, without ever coming close to losing or being brought to justice?

I mean, I personally would find it evil if someone burned millions of children and civilians alive, then tortured and obliterated their souls in the maw (yes, they were actually obliterated), but I guess blizz thinks differently as they stated in an interview that this wasn’t evil.
Getting some serious holocaust vibes from Sylvanas’ actions honestly, but if Blizz says that it’s not evil, I guess then it’s not evil? :man_shrugging:

Bonus points to Blizzard for thinking that killing 1 of Sylvanas’ Val’kyr (that was introduced 10 minutes prior) with all the powers of Elune and Malfurion combined somehow makes up for the extermination of the Night Elves and removing anything Night Elf related from the game.

Bad writing bad. What race is Sylvanas going to annihilate next?

47 Likes

Genocide is okay if you’re the pet faction

18 Likes

Isn’t that literally the reason we’re all chasing her into the Shadowlands? To do exactly that?

21 Likes

No, it’s her being a STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMAN WHO DONT NEEDS NO MAN that makes it okay.

10 Likes

bro both factions are literally hunting sylvanas down what is your point.

23 Likes

Your points are valid…except perhaps, for the numbers involved (more likely thousands instead of millions…not that it makes her intent any better).

Blizzard has said already though, that the story will always take a backseat to gameplay. We can’t expect the writers for a game to impart the subtlety of a professional novelist to the plotline…though it would be nice for those of us who actually appreciate depth of quality.

His point is that…given their story-telling history…we aren’t likely to see a very satisfying end to either the plot, or Sylvanas. Bro.

5 Likes

Nope, it’s all blamed on the Jailer now somehow.

Nobody is hunting her down, we’re trying to defeat the jailer but not Sylvanas

1 Like

Considering the only other contender is Arthas and he was killed and taken directly to the Maw, yes.

2 Likes

Well said.

I would like to exterminate a Horde race for justice.

1 Like

Yeah but that didn’t happen.

Yes she committed genocide on a large scale, but the nelf army still exists. Enough to use as cannon fodder in the feint attack on Zuldazar and reclaim darkshore.

Also she hasn’t gotten away with it. Or did you miss the part where we are going to shadowlands to hunt her down?

21 Likes

We just had an entire book about everyone very specifically trying to hunt Sylvanas and Nathanos down.

4 Likes

I hope it’s blood elves.

2 Likes

I still expect her to be a good guy.
I think she probably did it for the greater good.

And really, I cant be mad at someone for a little night elf genocide. A different race maybe but not night elves

2 Likes

Just horde bias.

1 Like

Titans most likely. Since in a Blizzcon Interview steve dropped the words “Titan Homeworld.”

Which means The Titans may not have been entirely honest about their origins. For all we know Azeroth could simply be imprisoned in the planet because shes a crazy B.

I mean champions of azeroth been committing genocide for how long now? Since level 1! Lol.

1 Like

the nelf army that was completely useless and couldn’t even reclaim their own lands.

How are we hunting her down? It’s all about the jailer now, but not Sylvanas.

Yea, but we have forgotten about that by the start of Shadowlands because it’s all about the jailer then, and Sylvanas disappears entirely.
Also blizz already stated that Sylvanas isn’t going to die or lose.

Pretty sure they also said Garrosh wouldn’t be the final boss of MoP at one point.

1 Like

in bfa the horde lost their war chief, the leader of the goblins, a very important lore character in saurfang, and although no one really liked him anyway Nathanos

The alliance lost exactly no characters.

I say the alliance got the better deal here

8 Likes

Ummm did you miss the part where Darkshore is a canon alliance victory?

They did reclaim their own lands.

She’s still why we are going in the first place. We don’t even know what the jailer is until we are actually in the shadowlands.

Even if our focus ends up splitting shes still our reason for going there.