Sylvanas fight, BM pets NOT following across bridges

This is ridiculous, in the part where we first cross 2 bridges to start dps’ing Sylvanas my pets are literally 1 minute away, I cant kill command. I see them slowly waddling over eventually, why is this STILL a thing. Maybe harass less women and do some coding jeeeeeeeze.

8 Likes

They bug out for me about half the time. I just put them on passive until they warp to me, then send them out again. It’s an annoying issue that needs resolved, but that might help in the meantime.

4 Likes

Its just better to swap to MM for that fight.

Dude thats just wrong. Enjoy your ban.

5 Likes

the sire fight stunk too, really bad. pets would go brain dead. woudn’t respond. only thing I found that worked was manually flipping pet to passive and then back to defensive or agg.

Bro those wounds are still fresh…

Could this be related to a very similar bug with elevator platforms? Are those doodads that AI pathing do not “see”? Serious, this has been broken for years if so.

Ya the chains aren’t technically part of the terrain. They are objects with a collision attached to them. The pet AI was only designed to run on actual terrain.

I GREATLY suspect blizz’s solution for this is to say “you have another ranged spec just swap to it for this fight”

Remember way back when, this was a big topic and some suggested another quick fix: instant dismiss pet to quickly reset its position and it was attacked because it would make hunters way overpowered in pvp. Wtf.

I haven’t experienced this, but maybe I just got lucky?

Most likely. The first and last time I fought her, my pets (the main one and the secondary via Animal Companion) took their sweet time to get across the chain. Skills like Kill Command bugged out because of it.

In the end I didn’t get the bow or the quiver, so it was a waste of time.

Pet pathing has been an issue since day 1 of this game. Really wish they would fix this some day

Passive helped, there was still some issue but for the most part putting pets on passive to cross bridges helped alot and is easier than constantly using the move here command.

Uh pets can’t be dismissed in arena cause blizzard isn’t paying attention. So that’s not a problem might as well be instant cast.

1 Like

Create a /petfollow macro

I macro’d mine to my feign death.

For a while now doing petfollow during combat will make your pet stick to you during a fight, the downside is that it will conftinue to stick to you and even if you kill command it will run back.

So you can create a separate /petattack macro, i usually macro this to kill command and i haven’t had any problems with my slyvannas kill last night.

Of course i am SV but my pet was always with me when we crossed platforms

As in most cases, people’s preferences vary.

I don’t remember when exactly, but it was many expansions ago, I decided to just assign a keybind to various pet commands. The Pet Action Bar has buttons already set up for it anyway so…

PetAttack is bound to ‘R’
PetFollow to ‘Shift + R’
Fetch(ability) to ‘CTRL + R’

I also have PetAttack included in most offensive ability macros, but I find that in some cases, having a separate button for such commands can be quite useful.

2 Likes

Keep your pet on passive. Save dash for when you’re moving from bridge to bridge.

If you don’t keep your pet on passive, they get stuck like on the Carapace fight when jumping down for phase 2.

Make a macro /petpassive and spam that when you’re running on the bridges during phase 2 of Sylvanas.

If you’re nervous about leaving your pet on passive accidentally, you can macro /petassist in to kill command.

The most important thing is to keep your pet on passive when you’re not actually shooting things. They have the best “follow” AI on passive.

4 Likes

Odd…i was attempting H sylv all night and never had a pet path issue…

Ya seems to be hit and miss, much like Castle Nathria would have problems only sometimes on certain bosses.

1 Like

From previous normal Sylvanas defeats and from yesterday’s HC attempts, I’ve never had any pathing issues with pets.

I do however make sure that my pets are following me(PetFollow) before I move between platforms. I’ve seen in the past how they tend to more easily get stuck if they’re trying to attack something(have a target while moving). Not sure why, but again, never had an issue so far, on that particular encounter.