Sylvanas and Calia/Voss

Turalyon did as she asked, reaching out with one gloved hand. Golden cuffs, glittering with the Light wrapped tightly around the orc’s wrists and ankles, chains bursting forth and securing her to the earth. The world fell away, leaving Alleria within the orc’s mind. She sifted through memories and thoughts like fingers combing through sand, each second that passed plunging the woman into greater agony. This is the cost, this is the cost…

Shadow’s Rising, Page 87.

My powers of head canon are so advanced I can just will canon books into existence, I guess.

5 Likes

I chalk it up to zerde either not knowing about that passage or him wanting you to be wrong

2 Likes

Lets start with the fact his millennia of being in the twisting nether was as a member of the Army of light, meaning for the most part he was obeying Xe’ra and seemed to be working for the light/light’s objectives. Second, he isn’t “obeying” Alleria, there relationship is one of mutual agreement and not subservience.

Third, the entire event with the orc mother was certainly on the very dark scale of the morally grey but they were hunting Sylvanas, who they believed(and apparently rightly so) of planning on causing untold chaos to the world. I’d also point out the mother/the caravan was no longer innocent in the whole thing considering they had helped a dark ranger/a person who both factions were hunting. If she had simply told the truth she wouldn’t have experience what she did.

Do you really think I didn’t read the book Micah? Really, minus the Sylvanas one I have all of the major books of warcraft.

The weird ‘no means yes’ Naru that forced itself on Illidan and was promptly vaporized?

Yeah nothing to worry about there.

And it doesn’t help them at all. They also torture a human man and similarly get nothing. Mercy on behalf of a RAS Apothecary and Jania Proudmoore, as well good old fashion spycraft by Shaw, are what gets the game changing Intel that allows the Horde to stop Nathanos and capture Sira.

Torturing civilians is not ‘morally gray’. Especially not if you’re doing it in front of their now freshly traumatized children. And especially especially not if they’re penniless refugees who aren’t talking because theyre justifiably afraid of reprisal.

When push comes to shove people show you who they really are. And these so called heroes of the Alliance are perfectly okay with brutalizing harmless civilians when they get impatient.

If we do not have a moral code in the darkest time, then we do not have one at all.

5 Likes

You immediately calling it headcannon and accusing Ben of making it up does suggest you never read the book. Or you would have known about the passage Ben was referring to

And yet Turaylon focused on dealing with the Legion as oppose to continuing to try to kill Illidan for the entire event.

Not exactly true. The fact she did her mind melding ultimately caused said RAS to spill the beans. Ulimately had Alleria not done what she did they wouldn’t have found the human who brought the dark ranger to Zandalar.

Both factions are literally killing each others workers. Like it or not, WoW has never had a geneva convention and even the real world has been willing to look the other way on certain “tactics” that we generally find deplorable because ultimately war is a dirty business. If you want someone to blame that Alleria had to resort to such tactics, I say blame the source, Sylvanas.

As mentioned in said book, the Alliance still had its own moral code. Anduin didn’t think Alleria/Turaylon crossed that line.

Because his entire post was clearly laced with his own bias.

Do you really think it wouldn’t have been obvious? The moment he talked about Alleria there would only be one scene he could be referring to.

It was pretty obvious the scene he was referring to so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hence, yes I would have know because you do realize said scene was the talk of the story forums when that book was out.

Than why call what Ben said headcannon if you knew exactly what he was talking about? Or are trying to walk back what you said?

This was the part I was calling head canon.

The implication here being that Tulrayon is just some pawn of Alleria when in fact Turalyon clearly has agency and is allowing Alleria to do what she does because he agreed with her and not because he is blindly following Alleria.

I’m just saying him and Nathanos sure come off as pretty similar. At least when it comes to going along with BAE’s war crimes with little to no resistance.

2 Likes

Except there was alot of resistance. Turalyon tried the good cop mode first before letting Alleria do her thing.

It’s still a really cruel scene. Made me mad reading about alleria torturing a orc mother in front of her child

2 Likes

I mean
they didn’t supply any pointers for making forsaken tho.
i’ve been complaining about this foreverly.

1 Like

I find it kind of weird that regular forsaken are so difficult when the apothecaries can create abominations en masse. You’d think the necromancy would be pretty similar between the two.

2 Likes

The Forsaken should revisit their original recruitment tactics and just poach new members from the Scourge. It should be simple now they’re bound to no greater will and Bolvar’s given up even trying to contain them. I liked the tease BfA gave us of san’layn and other free-willed undead trying out for the Forsaken, and certainly it’s in better taste than raising the enemy’s dead.

Then you don’t have all the books and are missing key lore.

eww, are you still justifying Turalyon and Alleria’s gang bang mind ra-?

Are you not all about free will? do you not see how this is crossing the line of the same standards we put on Sylvanas with Derek Proudmoore? justifying this kind of thing makes you no better than Sylvanas Loyalists.

hypocrite.

3 Likes

But you see, since both are alliance members, it’s okay in zerdes mind. He will justify anything the alliance does. But if the horde does it? It’s the worst thing ever.

5 Likes

Alleria and Turalyon are being villian batted harder than Sylvanas. The Alliance fanboys will just have to come to terms with that, thier faves are not shining pillars of heroism.

1 Like