SWU's Monthly Colloquium!

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - TOMORROW!!!

WHO: Emilenth Thistleheart

WHAT: “…And Now You Don’t: Magical Forensics and Death Investigation.”

WHEN: TOMORROW! February 19th at 7:00pm (Server time)

WHERE: The Dreamer’s Pavilion, Jade Forest, Pandaria (OOC) / The Liu-Tsao Peace Center, SWU Main Campus (IC)

This is a faction neutral event, in the spirit of Stormwind University’s global policy of free academic exchange!

Elixir of Tongues will be necessary for cross-faction communication! The CrossRP add-on is a plus but not mandatory to enjoy this event!

(Summons will be provided prior to start time for our attendees’ convenience!)

1 Like

Get hyped for the lecture going on later tonight at 7PM server time! Bring a few Elixir of Tongues! These events are a great opportunity to learn lore and very intriguing lore interpretations both ICly and OOCly, so even if your character is not the scholarly type, it is well worth sitting in on these events!

The Q&As are also great, and after every lecture, there is a little meet and greet where you can interact with the speakers, Stormwind University staff, as well as the other members of the audience.

Don’t know what to talk about? Strike up a conversation about the topic at hand, or relevant topics! Perhaps even bring up other inquiries! There are all kinds of people to be found at these gatherings, so there are a lot of interesting takes to be found!

(As a personal note: I will more than likely be late to the event, due to having to close at work tonight, and having to set up a resubscription on my main account. However, if anyone else is not able to make it on the dot, don’t worry about showing up late to the party! Many do - just come on over and have a seat anywhere if the lecture is still in session. If it’s not, then feel free to get right into the mingling, and perhaps even ask for a brief rundown of what was discussed if you missed out!)

1 Like

I’m incredibly honored and excited to be the one delivering tonight’s lecture! I look forward to seeing all of you there.

:heart: let’s talk about murder

2 Likes

Nazgo’rak loves murder! I mean… He loves the hypothetical topic of murder! …Nazgo’rak does not murder. (OR DOES HE?)

In all seriousness, thank you for taking the time and effort to produce a lecture for the Stormwind University’s gathering that will be going on tonight! It is very appreciated!

1 Like

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - THIS COMING WEEK!

WHO: Elliistra Skysong, Honorary Professor of Stormwind University

WHAT: “How to Start Conversations and Make Friends!”

WHEN: Wednesday, March 18th at 7:00pm (Server time)

WHERE: The Dreamer’s Pavilion, Jade Forest, Pandaria (OOC) / The Liu-Tsao Peace Center, SWU Main Campus (IC)

This is a faction neutral event, in the spirit of Stormwind University’s global policy of free academic exchange!

Elixir of Tongues will be necessary for cross-faction communication! The CrossRP add-on is a plus but not mandatory to enjoy this event!

1 Like

Hey there! I’d love to add this event series to the “Community Events” directory! If you’d like me to, please fill out the template below w/ brief info on it, and I’ll add it to the list! (Honestly I could do the template myself with the info you posted in the post above this, but only with your permission!) You can send me the filled-in template here, on the directory post, or on Discord (Shay#4167) if you’d like me to add it!

Template:

Event Name:
Faction/Neutral:
Event Hosts:
Days and Time(Server):
Event Ad Link:

Directory Post:

1 Like

Hi there, Shaysinn!

Thank you very much for thinking of Stormwind University and inviting us to add our events to your “Community Events” directory! I’ve since added three of our regularly scheduled community events to the Directory Post you linked; two of our events occur on a monthly basis, and one actually occurs weekly!

Once again, much appreciated for reaching out! :grin:

1 Like

My pleasure! I did see your post there, and if I don’t get to adding it tonight I def will asap! Thank you for posting!!

WHEN: Wednesday, March 18th at 7:00pm (Server time)

1 Like

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - TONIGHT!!!

WHEN: TONIGHT! March 18th at 7:00pm (Server time)

1 Like

This should be interesting to watch. Looking forward to it!

WHO: Prof. Emmy Bluefire, Department Head of Magical Arts & Sciences at Stormwind University

WHAT: “Leylines - The Threads of Reality!”

WHEN: Wednesday, April 15th at 7:00pm (Server time)

WHERE: Warpwind Cliffs in Suramar, near the entryway to “The Drift” (IC & OOCly)

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - THIS WEEK!

WHO: Prof. Emmy Bluefire, Department Head of Magical Arts & Sciences at Stormwind University

WHERE: Warpwind Cliffs in Suramar, near the entryway to “The Drift” (IC & OOCly)

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - THIS WEDNESDAY!

A quick BUMP!!! for our monthly Colloquium Series lecture - TONIGHT!!!

WHEN: TONIGHT! April 15th at 7:00pm (Server time)

WHERE: Warpwind Cliffs in Suramar, near the entryway to “The Drift” (IC & OOCly). [TomTom Coords: 55.39, 35.48]

(Summons will be provided prior to start time for our attendees’ convenience! The location for tonight’s lecture can also be accessed via Legion Flying!)

Really excited for this one. Looking forward to it!

WHO: Maureen Goodwin, Professor of Bardic Studies & Choral Arts @ Stormwind University

WHAT: “The Art of Creating Music: The Five Building Blocks of Song”

WHEN: Wednesday, May 20th at 7:00pm (Server time)

1 Like

Just a reminder that this is in two days, on Wednesday!

Can’t wait!

WHO: Maureen Goodwin, Professor of Bardic Studies & Choral Arts @ Stormwind University

WHAT: “The Art of Creating Music: The Five Building Blocks of Song”

WHEN: TOMORROW! May 20th at 7:00pm (Server time)

1 Like

Tonight! :smiley: