Sword and board pure dps spec

So you tried to take it realistic with your ‘nuh-uh! shields are for offense too!’ arguments, then when that didn’t work out for you, decided to attack the very fact someone knew more about this than you and argued it accordingly. Classy.

1 Like

My argument applies to both fantasy and real life. Try again.

Bro. I liked it. I miss it. But this thread happens every day. Every single day. Blizzard doesnt read this forum.

1 Like

Fun might be detected with such a spec.

1 Like

You’re just kind of saying things that don’t really mean anything now. I’m done with ya.

1 Like

Everything that I have said makes perfect sense. I am sorry that you are wrong and hate fun/imagination/fantasy and want everyone else to be as miserable about it as you are. I hope you will lighten up about it and have fun with the spec if Blizzard listens to people and puts it in the game.

My dream is to have a shield and spear in WoW. Especially with so many alliance NPCs in BfA rocking polearms and shields. Makes me super jealous

3 Likes

I’d rather not see any more melee or tank specs added to the game for a good, long while.

1 Like

This person does not remember when putting on a shield was the main way to survive burst sections.

It’s stupid how we lose half our abilities by changing off of a 2h weapon, but Fury can still do everything except Raging Blow. Rampage only hits twice though.

I remember that era quite well. It was dumb. Don’t miss it at all.

1 Like

You don’t miss swapping to sword and board for a larger health pool and being able to tank extra damage from other physical DPS classes? You don’t miss keeping up some minor damage while eating through their cooldown to respond in kind with an Intercept into hamstring and smashing them in the face with your 2h swap’d MS for a fat crit?

Bruh, why even play warrior anymore. It’s the worst its been since… I don’t even know when warriors were in a worse state, barring the joke of Legion needing us to have the execute ring or not be invited to anything.

No, not in the slightest. The weapon swapping felt fake and forced, like I was halfway swapping character archetypes, instead of dealing with problems the way a blademaster or berseker would. While both dps warriors could use a bit more defensive capability, and Arms some self healing, from a fantasy perspective they’re perfect. Fury responds to heavy damage by shrugging off heavy blows through sheer anger and briefly heals staggering amounts by shedding the blood of their enemies while Arms turns into a fencing god and parries everything every opponent throws at him. That is SO much cooler and makes way more sense than s****ing out a shield from somewhere and switching to another sword.

When have warriors been in a worse state? If we’re talking strictly dps warriors, how about the beginning of vanilla and every expac until cata normalized rage generation? That was awful. The end of catas nerf to fury was rough, though Arms was awesome.

Beyond that, I’ve generally found warriors to be in a good place. Fury is doing amazing in EP and is so much fun. Its actually great in M+ right now, if the community ever figures it out we could even get invites maybe!

1 Like

I would not mind seeing a new class that has a dps/support based spec that uses a shield an another weapon like a axe/sword/spear. Though i also would not mind a class spec that used a single one handed weapon, over how most non-ranged specs go with either a two-handed weapon or dw a pair of single handed weapons.

An if you added in either a rage an energy based aspect to it that some abilities use energy, but these abilities generate rage that is used for other abilities might be fun. Though i would prefer an actual combo system, not like how rogues have combos though, but more like a fallow-up type combo system that you have specific fallow-up abilities that are triggered to be used by using certain other abilities. It would have a very different feel an much more of a methodical feel to it, even if it used energy or rage as a resource like rogues or warriors.

They need to bring back stance dancing as a class/spec mechanic, but tie a visual weapon swap to it instead of having to use swap macros and having to keep a sword and board updated and in your bags.

I just wanted to chime in with my support of bringing back the Warrior Gladiator playstyle, whether that be in the form of a completely separate spec or whether that be in the form of a Protection talent like previously. I realise that it may not be the easiest thing to balance around, or that it is “1 more thing to balance” but it was just an interesting idea, and what is a warrior other than a clay mold, ready for the player to choose what they want to do.

Now I know there will be toxic players like Aédan who will hurl abuse at Blizzard for allowing player choice for something they deem unworthy, or illogical in their view, however these people need to understand a few things:

1. It’s just a game.
  2. Other people like to enjoy themselves, the game isn’t just for you.
  3. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t make it wrong.
  4. This is a fantasy game, not an IRL medieval simulator.

Now on the topic of having Gladiator back, I honestly find that it was everything I was looking for in a class / spec, I love swords and shields but due to toxic players like aforementioned players I just don’t enjoy tanking and I prefer the DPS role. I honestly never thought I would “gel” with a playstyle as much as I did with Gladiator and since it’s gone I have not found another playstyle in any game that even matches up to the playstyle / fantasy of the Warrior Gladiator.

I don’t know if Blizzard ever looks at these forums, and i’m sure amused that despite the few naysayers coming out aghast at the idea of a slight addition to a game, the fact that “there is a post almost every day” seems to indicate that there is a want for this in the community, so Blizzard please take this on board.

4 Likes

Wow. I’m truly a bit stunned here.

I’m toxic? Because I hold a different viewpoint than you? You’re something else man.

I prefer that fantasy be consistent. I’m well aware it’s a game, but there is a suspension of disbelief involved, which certain things will throw off. Those things are different for different people. I have every right to express what bothers me about an idea as you do. The state that endgame content has gotten to with the inherent difficulties of balancing so many specs is also something I am not a fan of, so I’m going to generally resist any efforts to unnecessarily expand what we already have unless someone is pitching a genuinely unique, coherent class fantasy with a new, plausible gameplay model. Warrior shield dps is not that.

Me not liking it does not make it wrong. Neither does you liking it make it right. Together, that makes it an issue for debate, not tossing out insults at whoever disagrees with you. I certainly hope you don’t behave like this off the computer, in any field but politics it will give you a tremendous amount of trouble.

To me, for this kind of spec to make sense or be justifiable would require a retooling of the current tank/heal/dps model. If you had dungeons or encounters where the dps could find themselves forced to contend with being hit instead of the tank just throwing out a taunt, it suddenly becomes a much more viable model. Such warriors would be a valuable addition, if the ability to turn and engage another enemy was a valuable asset. But thats not the game we have right now. They’ve generally moved away from anything outside the holy trinity model, hybrids really don’t exist anymore.

2 Likes

It’s not the first time arms has relied heavily on bleed damage, it won’t likely be the last.

Get your RP out of my class balance.

You ever take a step back and think about that.

“I want something!”
No

“I’m going to keep asking until you cave and give me what I want”

Mate, come off it.

What.

I somehow doubt someone would form a psychosis from losing to a specific spec.

The issue is clearly defined in any of the other dozen threads on the topic.

Who cares about fantasy of 1s and 0s.

Real life, in speaking of things many hundreds of years gone.

You’re unique.

Oh now that’s just blatantly false and you know it.

Fun is subjective, imagination is individual, fantasy is a genre.

A subjective opinion, on a subjective subject, is wrong. Heard it hear first lads.

Vocal minority does not, and should never, hold sway.

You can technically still do that, you know.

You can still technically do that, you know.

You want to?

That’s objectively false.

And that was never a thing.

Hello, my name is Drez, and I’m a toxiholic.

Where.

For airing his opinion in an opinion and subjectivity based argument?

Yeah, you do mate.

It’s just a game. Take your own advice.

Is there an echo in here.

I swear, it’s not just me right? Does anyone else hear it?

This is a video game. Fantasy is a part. Not the entirety itself.

If someone has no interest in any sort of fantasy, they merely enjoy playing the game, that’s other people liking to enjoy themselves, and you need to remember that just because you don’t like something, doesn’t make it wrong.

What smells like burning toast?

Strong word choice.

Really? Any game, ever, anywhere? How many games have you actually played?

Prior to being decked out in mythic HFC gear Glad was a mess of a spec to start with. Even at that point, when the flow of it began to work out, it still did less damage than a legit prot warrior did.

Just play fury with a shield. You’ll do about the same relative damage, and you’ll be able to have a shield with a polearm.

2 Likes

I am truly sad for you to try so hard yet fail so miserably at being a forum warrior. yawn

If Captain America and Spartans can use a shield offensively I dang sure want to, also. Bring back gladiator! Or make it it’s own spec! If Druids can have 4 why not warriors? Aren’t warriors supposed to be highly versatile anyways?

If only all abilities were available like that. I believe equipping a shield would make half your abilities unusable.

1 Like

You can’t use RB.

That’s pretty much it.

That’s not a thing.

You know this is directly undercut by responding in the first place, aye mate?