Switching OUT of skyriding should be an instant cast

actually… I think i remember a druid form in legion (the druid mount unlock) was a giant owl and that owl is a “mount” for others.

I love druid sky riding :sob:

Yeah idk why they’d make it anything else. They probably tested it and was like Woah! That’s fun AF… there’s no way we can let that be in the live game!

No. It’s just a modification of their travel form. Otherwise they’d also add some weird toggle to any modification for shaman shapeshift.

what would be funny if a druid could drink that potion that turns you into a tiny skele and that skele form would stay in dragon flying form lol. I think id spit my coffee thru my nose if i saw that. Almost like when I timed my bear form perfectly when on the old flight paths and it showed my bear riding a glyphon lol

Pretty sure the overwhelming consensus here is “lore does not matter,” given how people want class & race restrictions completely gone

Or maybe, they’re not the same people?

And yet the Blizzard dev pretending to be a player is defending this idiotic design decision. The majority of non druid players are also unhappy with the cast needed to switch back and forth.

But yea, it screws over druids much more.

And they also removed tiger fury resetting after killing a mob.

Looks like my druid will not be touched in TWW. A lot of annoying changes that should not have been changed.

I had no problems doing it with my druid before the patch. Switching from dragonflying to my druid flight form was instant and seamless. It was one of the fun perks of playing a druid.

1 Like

And yet we have this…

Which isn’t any different than this…

1 Like

One is a spell. One is a mount. Really? You don’t see the difference?

LOL they’re both just buttons you hit. What? :rofl:

Also: mounts are considered spells. See in link: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=121820/obsidian-nightwing

Good lord. Are you really this obtuse? Why are you like this? Druid forms are part of their shape shifting. NOT MOUNTS.

I could ask you the same question. Mounts are considered spells. We have mounts we shapeshift into no differently than druids and carry passengers.

Just because one is listed as a spell separately from another doesn’t make them any different in how they function.

Another alternative…they could leave the original dragonriding mounts as always skyriding mounts so that you could switch out of skyriding and it would work like it did in Dragonflight.

There shouldn’t be a button at all in my honest opinion. They should have just left it the way it was where you had specific dragonriding mounts and the traditional static mounts. Great mess with the Dragonriding tree but FFS leave the option to have all or nothing out of it.

I’ve read in many forums on this topic. People are rightly upset about having our beloved “Normal Flight” locked behind a spell. There is a very simple solution. Both styles should be combined and accessible on any mount. Problem solved. If you want to gate certain mechanics in the beginning of an expansion ok, but once unlocked your mount should be capable of static and dragon flight simultaneously. Enjoy!

1 Like

I would prefer that way as well but id take one or both as they are both improvements to the long cast time we currently have.

1 Like

If they serve the same purpose, should they not be treated the same?