SWD reset talent Still bugged

Basically the Death and Madness talent is supposed to reset your SWD, but it seems to misfire sometimes if the mob dies to a DoT tick in the nano-second before the talent’s debuff is actually applied to the mob. This is a really annoying bug as the entire reason I take this talent is to be able to chain pull mobs while questing and nuke them down quickly.

I can’t say this has been going on since before shadowlands but it was definitely a problem at the beginning of SL and one of the reasons I took a break from my priest. Honestly I can’t believe it hasn’t been fixed by now. I can’t imagine I’m the first person to report this issue.

Edit: I made a small clip showing it not resetting on mob kill. Don’t laugh at my UI. https://youtu.be/qZBJr15Eewg

1 Like

Does it not happen if you’re not at 100% insanity?

It’s happened regardless of insanity. I’ve read some other posts that say it has to do with the Painbreaker Psalm legendary. When i checked the combat log for the kill that I posted the mob had died to painbreaker psalm damage. But that shouldn’t really matter because the reset is supposed to happen as long as it dies within 7 seconds regardless of the source of damage.

Yeah it’s still bugged

1 Like

Update:

It’s definitely for sure the Painbreaker Psalm legendary. I took it off and the bug hasn’t happened a single time over the past week or so. Please fix.

That’ll explain why this is only happening to you, nobody else has crafted it.

3 Likes

It happens no matter the legendary. I see it 1-2% of SW:D casts.

Lol, I’m mainly holy, but OFC I do my quests shadow spec cus I’m not a masochist. This was the first one I got for shadow and seemed like it would be useful specifically for questing. And it’s not only happened to me, there’s other posts about it on these forums as well as reddit.