SV Necro just for fun?

Sorry if this has been asked already… but i’ve tried and leveled many classes in this expansion and didn’t find any of them fun.

I think this is the most fun class i have played, MM is okay for pvp but mainly SV. The thing is I HATE kyrian and night fae, rolled two characters with those and I just hated my life. Venthyr is ok i guess, but Necrolord is the only covenant I didn’t get to try yet… i like the theme, but it always had the worst abilities for those classes.

TLDR: So the question is, would it be a bad idea if i just roll Necrolord as Survival, and completely avoid night fae and kyrian? Btw this is the content i’ll be doing:

random bgs every now and then,
m+ up to 10 and H raid pugs, since i dont like making friends (might get in a guild for a while just to get heroic kills)
and most importantly i just want to do all the base content/story before i get bored again

Note: i know you can do everything i listed with any class and covenant, but i just dont want to feel like i’m missing something while doing so

IMHO Necrolord is the best covenant for SV PVP. It addresses a few weaknesses SV has in added defensive abilities and a ranged attack that provides focus.

****EDIT - oh, and Necrolord’s have the BEST looking mail armor in the game. Period.

9 Likes

Do it! Don’t let the Night Fae and the Kyrian run your life. Let the Necrolords run it!
You’ll have the sweetest transmog and mounts. You’ll be a green shield bearin’, death chakram wearin’, giga rich sonuva b*@%#!

1 Like

Alright, I’m sold!

2 Likes

There a sv nerco named soulscape. Dude a beast at pvp and represent Sv greatly. He also has videos on what he does. Hes say Nfea better for hunter but Necro great for Sv pvp.

I’m also necro MM though I don’t push stuff.

7 Likes

While pve has had a clear winner. PvP none of them are actually exceptionally strong. This really leaves you with the option to play whatever you want.

I started out as necro at launch and it worked very well. I definitely recommend it. The fact it’s getting buffed is an added plus. Go for it.

1 Like

That was me. Unable to login to my SV Hunter yesterday.

Necro SV is alot of fun in casual pvp. I really enjoy it. It’s got some decent burst and so so survival. It’s really fun in rando bg’s.

Heirmir soulbind can save a game with that extra 10 seconds of cheat death. You can still be CC’ed, but for that extra 10 seconds before you drop you’re unkillable (cuz you’re already ded) but you can still spin flags or finish off low hp targets. It really can be a clutch save.

I went Marileth on the advice of others. So you prefer Heimir for BGs? What else does it have?

You can also run serrated shoulders to bounce some damage back on melee attackers and theres a passive that gives you healing after defeating an enemy, Im not a heimir fan but it has options.

Marileth is the stronger defensive choice though and come 9.0.5 it will be even more effective in mythic plus if you like that

1 Like

Heimir looks so tempting, but I’m going to stick with Marileth.

Forgeborne Reveries is the big one.

"Your and Armor are increased by 1% for each enchantment on your armor, up to 3%.

Upon death your armor anchors your soul, allowing you to fight for an additional 10 sec. During this time, your damage and healing done is reduced by 50% and you cannot receive healing."

Like I said it can be a clutch save to buy time for your team if you are on point defense in like AB or something.

Serrated Spaulders is another good one

“Inflict X Shadow damage to your attacker over 5 sec when hit at melee range.”

The capstone abilities are so so. But I love that Forgeborne Reveries!

1 Like

If you were immune to cc during this time it would be one thing but at 50% reduced damage i can’t imagine its thats worth it over everything marileth can do for you.

1 Like

I like Venthyr best, but I do love the helm with necrolord. I would use the helm then mix and match since the whole set is kinda dumb looking to me.

I will have to take a closer look at Mar. I use to run him until I unlocked Heirmir.

The CC thing sucks but most of the heavy CC gets blown during the fight. The extra 10 seconds can buy time for your team, keep the other guys off the flag. It doesn’t always work, but it can be a huge save if you’re juat trying to keep the other guys distracted long enough for backup. I have held points in Ab while my team rezed at the graveyard. Finished off glaves in Isle when everyone else was dead. Harrassed FCs till more people came in. 10 seconds can be a long time in pvp. It doesn’t always save the day, but it can.

Necrolord SV is 10/10. I use it for everything lol. The armor is also sick as hell.

3 Likes

The best pvp covenants for survival is kyrian and venthyr.

I don’t agree. How often do players stay in your AOE? And SV needs to kite melee, by doing so you pull them out of your AOE. Kyrian/NF are great for PVE, but 1:1, Arenas and BGs, I think Necrolord is the way to go. Plus you get Fleshcraft, which gives you a damage absorb, SV being in melee range needs that damage absorption, more so then BM/MM because you are a melee hybrid. Also, you get Death Chakram, its a needed range/mobile ability for SV that requires kiting melee and lacks good solid range abilities, AND it generates Focus, SV is always Focus starved.

1 Like

Soullscape makes SV look OP. I love his vids. For anyone looking for SV PvP inspiration, search Soullscape (two L’s) on Youtube. You will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

Well the top survival hunters dissagree with you