SV hunter dmg is actually garbage

DH is better than wwer in certain aspects both classes are very similar. If this was last season I would agree dh is a ton better this season wwer is arguably as good if not slightly better in a 3s environment due to essences being a lot better for them. Essences shafted dh this season not extremely but definitely in a negative way.

And to Dilly again Disc ideally would want to q with SV in 2s because SV is probably one of its best partners but unfortunately Survival doesn’t see it as its best healer.

buff disc. dh disc is actually very fun.

Not true at all lol, SV does have good synergies and isn’t held back in 3s by any classes right now this was only a thing last season. It’s just a lot harder to play than other classes so it’s not popular

Only reason I mentioned SV Disc over SV Rdruid is simply because a DK having to deal with being kited by a SV hunter pressing W at their healer while the Rdruid is super mobile is what makes the DK do nothing vs them in 2s, but DK also loses to DH for the same reason too when they have 0 kill target, I just think people don’t understand why it’s happening

Rdruid SV is just godlike for 2s because Rdruid is obviously the most broken healer and the way the game pacing is in 2s SV just shines really well with that but it has better synergy with other specs. All that matters is being mobile + playig with a rdruid and you’re t1 in 2s, kit isn’t what matters

What makes survival really good in 2s is the ability to stop goes. Speaking from a dh pov. Unless I win the 50/50 blur evasion on my goes because I’m forced to use that ability off cd or dance net if I’m a god I lose into survival hunter. Its just how if a wwer plays disarm and disarms me / saps me on every eyebeam I lose because I cant kill healer and his 2nd tod is up. As for my statement on 3s yeah I haven’t qd at all this season in 3s but as you said yeah thats what held it last season.

I dont need to say anything more since you’ve agreed with my point that SV is one of the best 2s classes when paired with a rdruid or hpally though which was my main point towards the other hunters.

I mean it’s not even that much it’s just tunneling a healer and ignoring other melee (just throwing cc at them) while you have a rdruid that’s a non target

And being squishy doesn’t matter as much in 2v2 either

You’re making the other melee ignorable though off undispensable trap and net off dr though. You make them fall behind in damage and your healer gets to sit cds longer. And if you play with a hpally or rdruid you can add pet stun and hoj on healer or bash and vortex on the dps too. Like survival does great damage but it also does a great job in a 2s environment at making the other melee extremely easy to be ignored. Rdruid sv is easier for dh actually compared to hpally because hpally damage is a lot harder to punish in a 2s environment as its just tied to judgement.

Won’t be relevant anyways after judgement changes

I still don’t have much sympathy for DH’s losing to SV hunters in 2s though

1 Like

Yeah I dont run burn if that makes you feel any better. Didnt know if the nerf was confirmed or not yet. Happy to see that judgement nerf though because hpally was scarier into dampening than their dps partners tbh.

1 Like

if burn gives you a better chance at winning. you should play it. you’re not offering peels for your healer, so everytime you can connect with the opposing healer, you should make the most of it. That said, I’m sure you’re making the best choice to win.

The only issue I have is against those dang tank clothies.
Seems like it takes forever to get through Demon Armor or a Mage shield, but once you do. Tasty tears.

You realize hunter rep in arena has never been high? The people who play hunter are typically casuals not pvpers or pvers. That’s why we have high 120 representation. The class just draws casuals due to pets and being really easy to play for leveling and casual content.

Hunter rep was high in mop, even after BM nerfs. MM and SV were both solid. WOD killed everything when they removed tranq, silencing shot, and scatter… and even removed trap from bm. The big issue has always been how up and down the spec has been in arena and how tied to disc and a few other specs it’s been.

i play with an sv hunter at pretty decent ratings almost pushing 1200cr and his dmg seems fine.

I think MoP was like the only exception. Wrath and Cata hunters were good too but not very high rep either (minus s5)

MoP carried over higher rep tho ya cause of stuff like wyvern sting and simpler comps existing for most of the xpac (S14 and S15 at least from what I played) so hunts stayed popular after BM was weaker. Catered more to both casuals and experienced hunters giving better rep, whereas normally BM just opens the floodgates when fotm and hunter rep plummets otherwise

But ya like Cata and WoTLK MM had extremely high skillcaps but the floor wasn’t as forgiving making it not really as popular especially with how different they played compared to other classes