SV hunter dmg is actually garbage

it didn’t.

nein. it was the highest repped spec above 2200 for a reason.

2 Likes

Exactly what i said

1 Like

Cant you ranger’s net the FoF and make it miss?

I was thinking the same thing. Explosive trap, disengage, tracker net, Intim stun, just press bomb/kc/serpent during it. Seems at first glance there are a lot of options for mitigating how oppressive FoF can be on most melee.

No, Tracker’s net is bugged and counts as a melee spell so it gets parried by FoF (Ranged attacks aren’t supposed to get parried but Tracker’s Net counts as melee)

Tracker’s Net is pmuch only good if you’re yoloing through karma after getting tiger’s lust out the way with harpoon (Tracker’s Net won’t break on damage until they actually take damage so any absorb will prevent it from breaking, this way you can just kind of safely hit WW without them getting away during karma or counter-pressuring).

2 Likes

Crusade doesn’t rely on crit, rather 30% damage and 30% haste instead of normal Avenging Wrath which is 20% damage 20% crit :wink:

Nothing pvp does t1 damage.

Only WQ/Dragonslayers do t1 damage. Class/spec is meaningless.

1. Make thread complaining about state of main spec
  2. Compare spec to other classes,
    “Wowee would you look at that! my survival hunter doesn’t have a touch of karma or naruto teleports like monk??? really makes you think HUH!”
  3. Insist the people calling me dumb are trolls

This is the most unreliable ability in the game lol

Also prob with bomb and serp sting (this is up 100% of the time anyways) during FoF is that technically WW monk is going to be kiting you a lot to begin with so if you use your ranged spells during FoF then they can kite and not worry much about bombs or vise versa so it’s not really as linear

Things can go either way with WW vs SV but it’s not just a constant solved answer for what both sides do

2 Likes

Rambow, if a top ladder hunter is telling you that even he has room for improvement, it’s not a class issue.

SV just has to work harder to achieve similar results as the more meta classes.

4 Likes

They just have too many ways to counter our burst. I can pretty much never get more than a tick or two of FoF against a good Surv. They always have a disengage or stun to get out of it. And if I try to port away or los and heal back up, their pet is there to out damage my Vivify heals.

I don’t think I’ve ever beaten a sv/rdru comp in 2s as a WW (maybe in the lower brackets against newbs, but never in my skill range).

How can you lose look at your gear. Skill doesn’t exist anymore

Same here. If I do win by some miracle it’s due to poor play on either the hunter or the healer. It feels like I can only get limited pressure on them while their pressure is constant on me. I will be the first to admit though that I am not too familiar with that spec’s abilities.

If I were fighting you, then yes, I’d easily beat you. But I’m not.

Yeah, same. I don’t really arena a lot to begin with, I mostly do it for the mog and PvP weekly cache, so don’t get a lot of practice against less played classes.

I went up against a Rog/Lock for the first time ever last week. Is that a popular comp now after the Lock buffs? We lost our first one and barely won the second.

Surv pet does not out dmg heals haha.

1 Like

It 100% out damages my Viv heals, especially in 2s where you start at 20% damp and already at like 40% damp 3 minutes in.

Ya you should either be pressuring their healer which SV will have a much harder time peeling or just in general have to force your healer to be far away from you that way when the hunter has to go for CC he trades up mobility and will likely need to disengage for example to get back too

Have to just force hunter into bad situations, WW+MW or WW+Rdruid is good at doing this, then it also becomes important to dispel latents on you when the hunter has moved away so that the damage isn’t there when he connects back again etc.

Just have to be aware of what the hunter is doing but they’re also really good in 2s anyways so there’s always that. You’ll get the most value by focusing your pressure on his healer while yours is very far away just because that also can lead to stacking and giving you the option for triple legsweeps (getting pet) which also will stop ros’s during those goes as well

Porting and kiting away from the hunter becomes all the more effective when you’ve done that along with good spacing from your healer because he’ll have to sacrifice his mobility just to get CC making it so much easier for you to kite him - and when he is getting kited he’ll usually have to use ranged damage to keep up pressure, in which case FoFs become effective as well when he connects

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for the tips. I usually go for healer when hunter is on me or go for hunter when he’s on my healer. Should I just stick on his healer even if hunter goes for my healer?

Ya a lot of the time you can win the healer race as WW should only come back if super desperate to peel but then you should go back on his healer again

1 Like