Survival was a melee spec for most of Vanilla

I’m not that familiar with playing the Hunter class personally, but I see some talents there early on that might be useful to take up, if you want to deal some extra damage to monsters and humanoids, or improve the potency of your traps. It probably wouldn’t be bad to mix some survival with bm or mks, but most people have been saying usually players didn’t main survival.

If you want to do it though, then by all means go for it. Play what you want to play.

i thought you were talking about the rogue talent vigor. it wasnt amazing for a 31 point talent, but it was not horrible. seal fate builds would sometimes take it because it was alright for a single point when you were already down there

It wasn’t in the slightest. It was a more melee focused tree, but it wasn’t like Survival is now. Hunters were still a ranged class, and Survival Hunters were a ranged class with more melee tools (mostly useful for PvP). If you were pulling out an Arcanite Reaper as a Hunter and expecting to do well you are, and were, a fool.

That said, Survival was great for PvP and the changes in 1.7 made a lot of people sad and/or mad.

Also, Lacerate was complete garbage. The highest rank (upper 50’s or 60) of Lacerate did less damage than the mid-40’s rank of Rend… and Rend was a waste of time already. It was just useless and a waste of mana.

Um…wut??

Yeah he still hasn’t even countered my post

Survival was not a melee spec v_v

It increased your defenses for when enemies got too close to you to shoot, but you still had to use a pet and ranged weapon for the majority of your dps.

1 Like

Well its understandable survival was about survival I’m guessing making up for dead zone allowing you to counter the deadzone trap.

Even without those talents I was still able to kill players with melee.