Survival vote?

Sort of, but you leave some things out.

It is if you look at the hunter community. If you look outside of it, that might not be the case/the only problem.

Most likely, outside of the hunter class, people have already invested in other classes/specs, they simply enjoy those more. In order to bring them to the hunter class, you might need to change things that make it stray too far from the core class fantasy, something certain people argue have already happened. Sure, in the end, it may be possible to get them over here, but if it comes at the expense of the core fantasy, you could argue that it shouldn’t be done.

New classes haven’t historically had these problems.

Im not here to claim why, but I will say that whenever we have new classes, the expansion is built around them and they are OP for the entire expansion.

True, but keep in mind that the hunter class wasn’t a new addition with Legion. It already had an existing, well rooted/established core fantasy. Nothing was really built around the SV rework, at least not to any major degree, outside of certain quests or them reimagining parts of the class’ lore, etc.

1 Like

Ultimately, this is really what the issue boils down to, in my opinion.

It’s not as if MSV is a new spec in a new class.

MSV is a new spec replacing an already-existing spec in an already-established class.

There will always be players angry about this until RSV is returned — either by making the melee spec a fourth spec, or a talent in the BM tree (a la Rexxar the Beastmaster).

8 Likes

Whoa, man’s got the golden text now.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m a lady, thank you very much. :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats Watermist!

1 Like

Yep, this.

If they had decided to add MSV as a 4th option, instead of it being a replacement for an already existing one, I doubt there would’ve been any issue within the hunter community. However, if you remove something which people already have a long time investment in, the reaction we’re seeing is pretty much guaranteed. It doesn’t matter the setting, it will happen every time.

Also, grats @Watermist!

2 Likes

Ranged survival is the one that took out melee spells from book, and I get why people are bitter about RSV back. Many players where plus RSV as pvp hunter spec. It didn’t lack mobility like MM and had better potentiometer burst and crowd control then BM. So now their precious stay away and kite spec has turned into spec that involves planing before mindlessly face roll keyboard. I speak for my self that SV is the only hunter spec I enjoy and gives me hype and challenge. It’s not senior choice class BM ( speaking from experience where most senior players tend towards BM simply cause it’s easy that it can’t get easier) and not brain dead like MM. Literally brain dead spec. Pop CD and go spam AS and use rapid of CD.

I hope community doesn’t tiring up this about melé survival because spec is amazing and gives that hunter survivalist feeling. Where you don’t let you companions do all the dirty work, but as well you’re not like that sniper who stays behind and just fires off hard hitting spells.

It needs to stay like this. Make ranged SV option in MM talent tree

1 Like

No, melee was removed from the entire class, not just SV…

RSV did not have better burst potential than BM. Also, I know a lot of MSV fans love to make this about skill, and complexity, but it really isn’t.

It literally took several abilities and effects from BM.

So, you want MM hunters to lose many of the options they have/could have to add further depth to the fantasy and theme of the MM spec as well. All to add a bare-bones version of RSV, which relies solely on specific talent picks, besides also having to somehow work well with the core of MM. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Ok let’s say it’s not. My take on this is as BM hunter you just worry about applying barbed shot and use it’s proves. The rest comes by itself.

As MM with now one lego that everyone uses there is nothing to worry about. Spam MM with SS enhanced , and rapid fire of CD. Pretty much that’s it.

As SV you need to watch out for SS and when to ignore it. Depends on build you need to either watch your stacks (for both style either you chose tip of the spear or mongoose bite), focus and phase of the fight. I saw many SV hunter making mistake by hiring with bomb when tank is moving or kiting , wasting all the cluster damage. That’s my take on SV someone who tries to min max it. Requires more set up and planing then BM or MM. one of the reasons it’s not popular. Requires all this but it’s behind in damage.

As SV huntee you need to go extra mile

Melee main who self-admittedly only plays SV talking about how all Hunters are dumb and SV should stay melee.

Great job on rewarding this behaviour, Blizzard.

3 Likes

sounds like you just aren’t that great at SV yet. it’s about BM tier difficulty.

5 Likes

This is one of the dumbest takes on these forums, and that’s saying something.

Bruenor brings out yet another alt to copy/paste his unrelated buzzword-phrases.

2 Likes

Wow I’m srry but this is the either most ignorant answer I read or most stupidest one. Please don’t embarrass yourself anymore

White knight betty is defending someone who’s claiming BM and SV require the same forethought. The stupidity never ceases to amaze.

MSV and BM do have almost exactly the same playstyle, aside from BM having total ranged freedom.
MSV:

• maintain serpent sting
  • use focus dump
  • use kill command
  • use everything else on CD

BM:

• maintain barbed shot
  • use focus dump
  • use kill command
  • use everything else on CD
4 Likes

Much of what you said there is either oversimplified in terms of its’ theoretical, and practical application, or doesn’t make sense. Might just be typos or similar, if so, fair enough.

Okay, sure. Still doesn’t make it a hard mechanic to deal with. It’s just that those players need to learn when/how to use it. Similarly, I’ve seen BM hunters, when it’s time to AoE, that start spamming Multi-Shot. Their overall damage(while AoE’ing) will be quite a bit lower than if they instead only were to use Multi-Shot to keep Beast Cleave up, while saving the rest of their Focus to keep up with their priority target damage. Does this mean that BM is hard? No, it just means that, like in the case above, those players need to learn what to do, if they want to improve that is.

Another example you often see with BM, especially as of now where Beast Cleave is not hard-capped in target count, is the players that, during AoE(and especially during movement phases), tend to keep their pets on the wrong target, causing Beast Cleave attacks to not hit all possible secondary targets, resulting in quite a substantial loss of damage, depending on circumstances ofc. Something like making sure that your pet is attacking the enemy in the middle(wherever the optimal position would be) of a group instead of one on the outside, can mean that half, if not most, of your potential AoE damage is lost.

Debatable, but anyway…

Neither hunter spec is very difficult to play, which was the main point of my argument. You said that with SV “you need to go the extra mile”, I assume you mean in order to perform on an equal level as BM and MM, which again, isn’t really true.

2 Likes

SV players like to pretend their spec requires 200 iq and giga brain game skill

6 Likes