Survival Reworked as Tank

You aren’t reading what I’m saying. Right now, Assassination is generally the least popular Rogue DPS and Feral is generally the least popular Druid DPS spec.

Should they be drastically reworked?

If so, and they are reworked, what do we do then when Balance is less popular than Feral? Do we wait X expansions to rework it?

Guess we’ll never ever know besides your wildest dreams. Probably wasn’t going to be easier, since they didn’t do it though.

I don’t have the actual percentages, but it’s my understanding the SV Hunter has been consistently, and by a large margin the least played Hunter spec since it has shifted to melee.
Being unpopular isn’t immediately grounds for a rework; but after such a long time, by so much, and with such consistency, I do feel like that’s justification. Something is clearly off with SV. I’m suggesting that a completly fresh apoach might be what it needs.

I fail to see how this is relevant? Feral is consistently the least played Druid DPS spec, Arcane is consistently the least played Mage DPS spec. Should they be reworked to tanks as well?

1 Like

Though I’d like to keep the conversation within the realm of SV Hunters. To my previous point, if another class had a spec that has been largely under represented in virtually every aspect of the game (PVP and PVE) then I do believe that a rework should be considered. Not necessarily Tank, but something that plays into the classes current tools/lore, but adjust its playstyle.

If youd want to use Arcane as an example, if it as underrepresented as SV and they announced it’s rework to a Support DPS similar to Augmentation Envokers where they use more Chronomacy and Wells of Powers to boost others, Id understand the decision.
I personally play a lot of Tank classes and also have a lvl 70 Hunter I leveled strictly playing Survival. I noticed if it just changed focus bit towards survivability it would make a new fun Tank, and maybe I’d run into more SV Hunters. I honestly have seen less then 20 SV Hunters mains this entire expansion.

1 Like

^ This is what happens when you take a Hunter spec and rework it to appease melee mains. It signals to everyone that it’s open season for every nonsense spec rework idea out there.

Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

2 Likes

I’ve seen less than 10 MM hunters this entire expansion, but that’s pretty anecdotal and doesn’t matter at all, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankfully, you can say the same thing about any spec where if you “changed focus a bit towards survivability” it would make a fun new tank. A ranged MM tank could be fun and new.

It’s important though to remember they said a spec is not going to be changing roles. They would just add a new spec to the game.

Doesn’t help that they have an entirely worthless talent for doing old content as Harpoon, for some dumb reason, doesn’t reset on lower level mobs.

Harpoon has a 10 sec reduced cooldown, and deals (50% of Attack power) Physical damage and generates 20 Focus over 10 sec. Killing an enemy resets the cooldown of Harpoon.

Says nothing about only enemies that give exp or honor, nor level restrictions. So, it’s either a bug that the designers left in, or they’re actually think that Survival will abuse the reset of Harpoon, like for farming.

Someone from Blizzard should come forward and explain this.

1 Like

There’s nothing to explain. That’s how Charge abilities with resets work.

Damn that sucks, imagine if you just didn’t even need to run up to the enemy in the first place.

1 Like

That’s the point of Harpoon, you’re not running up you’re leap to your target.

I really like the current survival hunter

When doing solo contents, i can switch between my bow and 2 hander. its like having the fun of playing 2 playstyles in 1 spec.

my main is a monk and i want an alt for fun, this survival hunter is the most fun alt i have

1 Like

Starting to really believe that all the "turn X into a tank spec " are ppl who can’t figure out how to play X spec as it currently exists …

4 Likes