Survival pvp

I’m looking for a fun alt to PvP on. Warmode/bgs and dungeons here and there. I was wondering if Survival was a good fit?

I like the idea of swapping between melee and ranged, as well as having the pet and all the traps. Mobility seems decent.

How can they survive? What are their biggest weaknesses?

Thanks!

It’s pretty much the PvP spec.

The same as any Hunter, kiting and CC.

For me (and I suck) my pet and I don’t take damage very well.

Great CC, good to great DPS, awesome movement.
I find SV to be very sturdy with FD dot wipe, turtle, mending bandage , exhilaration, camouflage…

It plays like a mix between Unholy and Arms. Great spec.

1 Like

Except in the current arena meta is garbage and nobody plays it…

Other then that have fun.

Who cares about Meta…O right a very small percentage of the player base.

yet hunter has lowest representation on the entire ladder

Great, and I’m sure that’s something to a small group of people.

Plays great in BGs …

Sorry misread your post… you’re right Meta is garbage…I know the numbers are down but surely SOME people play it?

Well, Dilly one of NA’s best hunters (playing survival) Just re rolled to a DK

Damn Dilly did that?!? Well now I’m on the fence for sure.

yeaaa hes already 2400+ on DK my dude

Damn! Straight Fire!

I just play both classes, hunter is also fine, DK just a good alt to have for tournaments. PvE gear definitely helps for SV but there are comps that are still good without it.

If you want to 3v3 Disc/Sub/SV (playable without PvE gear but a high risk comp) and Spriest/SV/Rdruid are going to be the most consistently viable, Dk/SV/Rdruid with full PvE gear or ret with the same scenario are both viable as well.

2v2 you can play with a sub rogue, disc priest, or resto druid and do really well. SV is very strong in 2s.

The weakness with the spec shines in 3v3 just because of the current meta being super slow paced, not really the spec itself. But you can definitely still make it work.

1 Like

Yuck arena! No thanks

For duels/bgs/wpvp then SV is insanely strong

1 Like

Yes yes, here here!

SV feels like it gets trucked through when someone connects to you. Wouldn’t you really need to play with a Rdruid in 2s? Seems like you could just get trained in 2’s without a healer with very little defensives.

Just need to kite them

Disc SV feels good too, your disc will be a meat shield anyways that everyone will tunnel and you can just peel for him and kill healers and the meantime.

But ya you can definitely do well in 2s without a rdruid, you have more than enough utility and kiting potential as SV. Their weaknesses start in 3v3 but not anywhere else really.

Also still worth noting Rdruid/X is simply just really strong in general in 2s - but SV is still one of the strongest partners with them.

Thats what I meant. SV+DPS feels really bad but good with a healer

Actually have had a good amount of success with SV/Sub, definitely a super solid comp, I felt SV/Ret is also great too. SV/Feral would be better if ferals weren’t so bad imo - but still played it kinda high in 2s.

Can you run down how to burst? Like on a go for a SV im leveling my hunter over because im kinda done with BFA but I would really like to play hunter some before classic drops. Im going to gear up and give it a shot.

Do I have to switch to BM to do Mythics for gear? Or does SV do well in Mythic 7+?