Survival in 9.1

I know the buffs were only fair small to both raptor strike/goose bite but still they are both very needed buffs and those two abilities alone make up a lot of our damage breakdown

The bad news is we are now pigeon holed on our first talent row, the good news is we do slightly more damage

I guess the 15% on our raptor strike/goose bite is a little bigger than it looks because of the damage % modifiers

I’ll be interested to see if this puts us in a spot where we can do competitive ST damage, I think we might be able to if we are venthyr (sole reason is because of how well kill shot/flaying shot scales) - it’ll be interesting to see what they end up giving us for that legendary

Fingers crossed we won’t get laughed at as much

It’ll certainly help the spec out. While the AOE is unchanged, being able to help clear bosses faster in M+ will also make them more desirable there too.

Enhancement Shaman and Survival Hunter can share in their experiences.

You will be, like the past 2 expansions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice changes, may make mongoose competitive. At least they are looking, hopeful it goes live. I mean it is the PTR. Talents/Spells are subject to change !

Eh, people are usually laughing while frozen and their partner is deceased.

3 Likes

I’m just replying that “Goose Bite” amuses me way the heck more than it should. :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

Exactly what I was picturing. :smiley:

1 Like

I think you mean they’d be crying while frozen XD

1 Like

You see Limit Max’s video from yesterday about the latest 9.1 patch notes?

He basically says that even with buffs, no serious Mythic progression raid should bring a Survival Hunter to anything, for any reason. Made me feel kinda bad for Survival.

Still tragic really

The only way survival is ever going to compete with the real specs is if they got a design pass and they reworked some talents and made some talents we have into passives

1 Like

There’s a long way from mythic progression and your average raid guild though. A better question is whether they’re decent for heroic clear.

There are several specs you would never bring to mythic progression. This isn’t suddenly new. He also said he would never bring a MW monk. Mythic prog is nothing more than stacking what is the highest performing classes.

Yes
Easily.

1 Like

Make certain aspects give raid wide buffs. Imagine if AotEagle let all of the melee have no range on their abilities, or if AotCheetah was able to give the entire team a speed boost again? It’s possible our ST will be middle or slightly upper middle of the pack if scaling treats us as well as some are expecting, if that’s the case. then all we really need is some meaningful utility. It probably won’t be enough to get us into some world-first-race guilds, but that’s more than enough for your average mythic raiding guild.

As for heroic? Survival is already plenty enough for heroic. My guild has stopped Mythic raiding for the tier because we’re kind of tired of seeing the inside of Castle Nathria, but we’ve been doing a weekly FC of Heroic on Tuesdays. I’m generally one of the top DPS on non-ST fights.

1 Like

That’d be broken. Just as raidwide Fox was before.

That was Pack or driven by the PvP talents. The prior also had a severe drawback attached.

I don’t disagree that some meaningful utility is needed, but smaller steps could do just fine.

perhaps so, but when it is considered what our suggestions or criticisms have actually brought to us, might as well make those small steps a full legged swaggering strut and call for bringing back the party wide Hunter’s pet buffs! example: goat=5% buff to stamina.

the last interview preach did with Ion he basically said they don’t want to do any spec specific buffs again.