Survival Hunter and pet

We should choose if we want pets or not for survival hunter. Like marksmanship, lone wolf skill could be interesting and some other skills able to be melee or range (depending if you have or not pets). I don`t like pets, but I love surv hunter…
Please Blizzard, let us choose if we want pets of not for surv hunters! Anyone agree with that? Thaanks =)

5 Likes

Ehhh.

I’ve seen this request quite a few times before, but I’m afraid that Blizzard probably would never do this. (As in, I’m 99.8% certain of this.)

The reason? If you take away the pets from MSV — when it’s already missing the ranged weapon — what similarities would it have with the other hunter specs?

Traps, and Kill Shot. And that’s literally it.

No, pets are a must in order to keep the spec “Hunter-like.”

You take them out, the spec turns even more into a Warrior-Lite or Rogue-Lite spec.

Class identity does matter, after all. :slightly_smiling_face: And one of SL’s selling points was a return to class identity over spec identity.

6 Likes

Hunters are about ranged weapons and pets. If you don’t like either of those things you should play a different class. Perhaps Rogue or Warrior would be better suited for you.

5 Likes

I actually agree, in the case of Survival Hunter.

You might as well just be playing a Warrior with a polearm if you don’t want a pet.

So by this logic since we have a melee spec, you should just play a mage or lock. Outstanding once again Bepples.

Its literally nothing like either of the two specs. If anything even with or without a pet were played like a melee aff lock

What if I want to play a melee spec with a pet that can tank for me? Surv is the only option currently. UHDKs pet doesn’t tank and they just feel much slower in general.

As to the OP, I would t mind losing the pet as an option so long as it wasn’t mandatory. I like how MM is. You can have to pet out if you like or drop it.

1 Like

Play BM in melee. We should not be using up entire Hunter specs for micro-optimisations of what melee players want. “I want a melee spec with a pet but not that one”.

1 Like

Why dont you complain about it for another half dozen years? Im sure someone will find you appealing after hearing you rage about a video game spec you dont even play.

4 Likes

How about no?

As an option? Sure. But I picked hunter cause I like pets.

1 Like

I know MM Hunters take a terrible hit regarding their survivability when running w/o their pet. The BM spec lives and dies by their pet.
to what extent will damage/healing be affected for MSV, running with no pet?

Id think minimal. KC out of the rotation it shouldnt be too drastic id think

Imo the option to have two pets out (animal companion) for survival would be better.

That would be a significant hit to your damage, since you would lose your main source of focus gain and therefore the means to use your raptor/mongoose consistently.

Dont listen to this guy, he obviously doesnt play SV and doesnt know what hes talking about.

I mean in arena you dont really use KC much. Bicmex himself has stated this so GG bruh

1 Like

That was about BM. Great jestering again, making sure none of your posts should be taken seriously.

This is because we use flanking strike to generate alot of focus, which also requires a pet out, not having a pet as survival would severely hinder the damage.

3 Likes

Honest question? Without pet how is it still a hunter spec? The only thing it would have in common with other hunter specs in its armour class and traps.

1 Like

survival should have lone wolf AND be a tank spec!!

2 Likes

Lol yeah exactly