Survival Hunter? An irony

Hmm I don’t know, RSV and MSV is a contentious issue on the hunter forum, so I would not claim that melee survival is fine.

11 Likes

The spec itself plays fine, imo. It’s just an incredibly dumb concept in a game already drowning in melee classes. Why the hell would we need another one, specifically from a class KNOWN AS RANGED?

These are the folks in Vanilla who ran around with the damn hatchets from Stratholme doing auto attacks and whining how hard the game was.

20 Likes

Congrats

I don’t see any issue with each spec having its niche our unique gameplay and I never said a thing about that, Don’t force word into my word like you read my mind.

No is not, Serpent Sting scaling is messed up in a way that with enough levels of haste you are better off NEVER reapplying it.
Try playing Survival without mongoose bite. Almost all the talents rows are dead because you need specific talents to even play the bloody thing.
Survival is the only spec which has recieved no mechanical updates in all of alpha and beta either, as if it was forgotten.

I am completelly okay with Blizzard keeping Survival as a Melee. My issue is that if they really want to stick to it, Blizz should at least have the decency of giving us a proper spec to play instead of this hot mess.

15 Likes

Survival Hunter would be nice if it went back with parry/dodge bonuses, trap mastery, and extra gadgets.

6 Likes

No, it does not. The rotation is clunky as hell, we have no talent choices because we need specific ones to even make it smoother and some abilities are so counter-intuitive in the way they work like I previously stated with some examples.

I don’t care if Ranged Survival can’t come back, What I care is for Blizz to at least fix Melee Survival in someway.

19 Likes

I liked it when all hunters could be melee by just getting into melee range.

8 Likes

I like the idea of Survival, but I can’t stand playing it. It feels super clunky to me.

8 Likes

Exactly my problem! the fantasy of Survival Hunter is not bad!

There is nothing wrong with the idea of a Melee Hunter the issue is the implementation needs a lot more work to actually be functional.

I think it speaks enough about how badly Survival Hunter currently works that is literally the second-lowest spec played in the game after subtlely rogues.

and the funny thing is Survival’s lack of popularity has nothing to do with numbers, A well-geared survival hunter can dish out perfectly acceptable numbers, the issue is how clunky of a spec it is to play.

8 Likes

Rogues and Warriors are just so much better choices to melee with.

10 Likes

This is the main issue with surv. The talents are what makes the spec work. They should compliment the spec instead.

8 Likes

Well I’ve played hunters since Vanilla too and I personally don’t like going back to the era of “oh, you want to raid on your hunter? MM, BM, or … haha…ahahahahaha, hohoho hehhehe, Survival… oh, you’re serious? Uhh sorry our raid is suddenly full, bye!”

3 Likes

Make survival an official pet tank spec

4 Likes

I love survival. It’s one of the funnest specs to play in PvP.

7 Likes

The only reason Survival is even used in PvP is because BM got nerfed to the ground in pvp and MM is an even bigger joke than SV when it comes to pvp.

I do not hate Survival, I am not asking them for it to be deleted.

I am asking them to fix it and make it good.

11 Likes

I agree melee survival is a complete failure.

13 Likes

Wildfire and mongoose baseline would help a ton. Throw in black arrow to replace the wildfire talent. Make black arrow also buff melee strikes for a period of time to incentivize being both ranged and melee.

That would improve the spec immensely with those small changes.

6 Likes

Yes, but Blizzard won’t think it is unless we complain and complain.

I do honestly believe that now the only way we are going to get anything thru Blizzard’s thick skulls is by doing the same Shadow priests did.

Spam the forums with our voices and complain.

7 Likes

Survival is a hidden gem of a spec that still needs a few things added to it and is completely neglected by the devs

14 Likes

I’d say feedback is a better word to use. Anyway, I have to believe they’ll be making a pass at Survival. Looks like they are looking at MM so maybe its not too far off.

4 Likes

Really?

That’s odd, I could swear I was dual wielding swords back in Vanilla-Wrath.

OH, THAT’S RIGHT… I was, because Hunter wasn’t solely a Ranged class, even back then. It was some weird half ranged/ half melee monstrosity that didn’t quite work well either way.

Making ONE melee spec out of that mess was actually the RIGHT idea.

And considering how many people still ask for a ranged ROGUE spec, I’d say having both possibilities in a single class isn’t out of the question.

They need to focus all three specs a little better, so they can finally put nonsense threads like this to rest.

3 Likes