Survival Hunter? An irony

If you read my post instead of going straight to whining you would understand that I am not asking for the literal removal of Survival as melee.

I’m okay with Survival Melee being a thing, I am not okay with how Blizzard has left it as a clunky mess and have not even make a single update to it throughout the entire alpha or beta.

13 Likes

If you read MY post instead of going straight to being insulting you would have:

A) Noticed I wasn’t responding to you, but something specific someone else said that wasn’t at all true. And:

B) I was agreeing with you that the spec is unfinished and needs another once over.

1 Like

Intriguing thoughts. I’d include extending Serpent Sting’s dot by an extra tick or two. (you have to reapply it constantly when your haste gets moderately high)

3 Likes

There is not really anything to unprune without giving us a fourth spec, since MSV only came about with Legion. My big issue with SV nowadays is that Muzzle can only be used in Melee range. I really hope they will at least extend its range during the Aspect of the Eagle window.

2 Likes

I will admit to my mistake then if that’s what you meant.

I interpreted this sentence as you directing your words to the whole thread. and not actually responding to one individual person.

2 Likes

I miss Survival from WOTLK. I really wanted to go back to playing my hunter that I played since vanilla but MM isnt a fun spec anymore.

6 Likes

That’s another thing I’d like to see changed: Aspect of the Eagle should also extend muzzle and auto-attack’s range for its duration. Use smaller or different colored birds for the effects.

3 Likes

Yeah they gave up range combat for melee and called themselves Survival :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

so what if they just made survival both melee and ranged again?
No? well i’m just gonna enjoy melee-survival then i guess

I wanna chuck a bunch of parrots right in the boss’ throat.

Althought my biggest dream would be for Ranged Survival to come back as a fourth spec, I would be okay with Blizzard at least just making Melee Survival actually an enjoyable spec to play instead of a headache.

5 Likes

i had a friend was devastated when he learned all the melee weapons he gathered was suddenly useless for transmogs, (he did not come back when they introduced melee survival)

I would not honestly recommend him to come back to play Survival at this given time either.

3 Likes

He’d honestly probably enjoy it but he’s more interested in horror games atm

Current survival is a lot of fun. Sorry to hear you don’t enjoy it. My favorite of the 3 by a long shot, and one of my favorite specializations regardless of class.

3 Likes

My lack of enjoyment does not come from it being an intrinsically bad spec. I’m just frustrated with its many issues and the lack of words from blizz about fixing any of it.

Althought I play BM in any hard content like +15 mythic plus I do all of my daily stuff including visions as a Survival hunter, I enjoy the fantasy of survival being sort of a “tinkerish” spec with our bombs, traps and a trusty pet to accompany us into the wild.

I just want the many issues plaguing the spec to be fixed.

5 Likes

That was… never a thing outside of Vanilla AQ40/Naxx and even then most guilds just needed bodies to fill their raids. Hunters were broken in BC and i’ve been playing the class since Wrath (see Tabard) and i was never denied a raiding spot.

Suboptimal classes were either denied or allowed in depending on how hardcore any given guild was, just like today. It didn’t mean Surv wasn’t trash unless you were, as you said, playing at a very high raiding level and had the Agi to spare.

You could beat Ony with 40 priests too. Didn’t mean it was optimal. :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant being denied a raid spot for playing a Hunter in general, outside of that window in vanilla that was never a thing.

1 Like

With 40 spots to worry about people picking and choosing specific meta classes was almost unheard of anyway, even if they wanted to be elitist about it, because just getting 40 geared and attuned people to participate was half the battle. That is a fact.

Surv was generally suboptimal and unloved, along with spriests, ret pallies and a handful of other specs. They COULD fit in a raid. They COULD do their job. There WAS a reason to even have at least 1 of the aforementioned specs sometimes (locks and spriest synergy for example). However in the vast majority of situations, for a progression guild going from MC to AQ on paper, it would be niche at best and a warm body until Naxx at worst. That is also a fact.

In my first post, I was simply saying that I didn’t want Surv to go back to those days. Blizz is literally repeating the same mistakes the devs made in 2004, in 2020. After solving them already from Wrath through MoP with ranged Surv.

Actually thinking about it no, Surv is even WORSE off than back then. Is Surv suddenly going to fly past BM and destroy Nzoth with enough agi? Lol no. Take a cue from the Void Form experiment and lay Rexxar Lite to rest, devs.

2 Likes

I agree, blizzard should make all classes have a button named “dps”, which channels a beam of constant damage based on your ilvl, usable while moving. This ability should do more damage than any other button/combination you have.

This is what the game is devolving into because of this degenerate difficulty, and “mythic mindset”. The same people saying paladins and shamans are a burden in classic, even though they do more damage than the encounters were designed for.

It’s a real problem with no solution, it’s just how a large vocal fragment of the playerbase chooses to play the game.

2 Likes