Survival Hunter 9.1

I hope they do something with mongoose bite, maybe make it baseline (when used correctly in good windows it can dish out damage and could use a slight buff) maybe something to extend the window duration. I also wish they would change carve to just make it cost more focus so we could use it similar to feral Druid’s swipe. I don’t understand why it needs a cooldown when it already also costs a solid chunk of focus. We would be able to double dip it to really get some juicy burst aoe but then starve our focus so it would be a trade off. But I’m not gonna hold my breath for any real changes cause I feel like blizz is going to let survival rot in the ditch until they redesign it yet again for next expansion.

Please don’t.

Seriously… It turns the whole spec into mindless 2button masher

3 Likes

Yeah, I love the animations and the heavy feel of mongoose, but playing without it feels better. Id rather have chakrams baseline.

Its funny, the forums is full of posts from MM and BM players complaining that the whole class is in the gutter, and posts from SV players cheering about how much fun they are having. And yet there is still this fantasy that SV isnt getting changes because a redesign is forthcoming.

1 Like

I mean, if it was Legion Moogoose Bite, I’d definitely be on board. Mongoose Bite with charges worked really well. Mongoose Bite as a spammable consumer is cancer.

Honestly just wish they’d make Butchery baseline. And/or also tune it how Brutal Slash is for Feral’s, where it’s worth using in single target, and thus might be worth using period. Carve feels so terrible, tbh.

1 Like

The only delusion here is posting “everyone loves SV” in a thread made by an SV Hunter specifically to criticise the spec and ask for numerous fixes.

2 Likes

This. Also why I’ve been labeled as elitist while a bunch of folks that played Sv for like 2 weeks ask for a plethora of changes meanwhile saying the spec is amazing and fun.

All of which is completely unrealistic. Outside of tuning to make ST better it either stays the same or gets the big RSV rework. Which honestly im thinking neither happen.

3 Likes

Thats kind of elitist.

Really hope that’s sarcasm otherwise what a sad innocent, I’m-the-victim world we live in lol

Edit: it is not elitist to want folks that are actively trying to change something to at least experience the content enough to actually be knowledgeable on the topic.

Next we’re going to call doctors elitist for going to school because they tell a patient that googled their symptoms that they were incorrect.

4 Likes

Wait, you’re telling me this intermittent cough is not the result of this obscure incredibly deadly condition only reported 3 times in the last century? Look, my back hurts right here and my eye is twitching, which is clearly documented in these google results for that condition. It’s obvious I have it, really.

2 Likes

Elite: a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities
Elitist: relating to or supporting the view that a society or system should be led by an elite, or a person who believes that a society or system should be led by an elite.
A couple of definitions from the top of the google list.
Neither one seems a bad thing to be, provided there’s no secondary effect, such as a swollen head.

1 Like

I’m feeling so educated today

Yeah Man, I dont think you are a bad dude/ette. But sometimes your delivery comes across as “You are not x so your point is nullified whereas I am y, validating my position” which is textbook elitist.

Which doesnt make your point less valid. It is true that you have more authority to speak on these issues than me, or other newer or less accomplished SV hunters… and I’m not even trying to speak in my defense. I personally put a lot of weight on your comments.

I dont even have a suggestion for how to better frame your comments, because elitism can be warranted. You shouldnt be demonized for being confident in your expertise and checking people with less expertise suggesting changes to the class.

Just defending my choice of words. You can come across as elitist.

2 Likes

I mean your io is higher than mine. Also don’t think I’m better.

Again it’s moreso just a hey at least attempt the content first. Would be like me jumping into a shaman forum and asking for a ton of change meanwhile I pretty much dinged 60 and have no relevant experience to its current state.

Idk also just my perception. End of the day folks can just ignore me because my opinion really doesn’t matter because that’s all it is.

It has been nice seeing so much SV discussion between late BFA and now.

1 Like

Honestly, it can sometimes be a bit tiresome. And I know I’m often part of said discussions because I have an invested interest in them haha.

But I do agree. I think the conversations are useful, regardless of whatever blizz ultimately does, I find it good to try and engage with the community on important topics and gage whether I’m way out of line or not with some thoughts.

The real shame is all the discussion and not a single post will be read by folks that can actually make changes. Nor will we get an update on what their thoughts/ideas for the future are.

I know it’s just a game and our expectations as a wow community tend to be quite high. But eh If there’s anything this generation or social media has taught us…is that you basically NEED to include communication in your business model.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely correct. Which I think has not only been a glaring blindspot for Blizz, but also I think they have actively gotten worse at it over the years

Idk, it could just be my perception of things, but they haven’t done the dev water cooler posts in god knows how long. I’m fairly sure we have less CMs on the forums and they are less active than they used to be too. There is Twitter but I feel like it’s not used frequently enough to always clearly convey their thoughts. Not to mention the third party platform that limits post size isn’t great for communicating nuanced changes.

Nearly every year the question about more and better communication gets brought up during a dev Q/A and they mention how they know it’s an issue and need to improve on it… and then proceed to do the exact same things they have been doing lol.

I know it’s a bit naive, but I genuinely hope Blizz at least occasionally reads the class forums or something. They have to know it’s at least an important topic I hope haha

1 Like

If I recall the time between bfa and legion we were basically promised improved communication and they did a few minor things that were well received by the community.

Then it disappeared.

2 Likes

Given the number of times they’ve promised “improved communication” or said they’d “heard our feedback”, and nothing comes of it, I find it absolutely hilarious that players even still believe those lies.