Support is now non existent

So I am trying to give FEEDBACK IN GAME. I don’t want a web browser to open to force me to log into web server when already logged into game to only than have to authenticate again. I just want to click “Give Feedback IN GAME” and provide feedback rather than going out of game and having to log in log in log in log in log in log in log in log in only to die again while providing feedback because you auto respawn at insane rates now well over pre CRZ/Realm Merger and than die because I was in game when I went through all of this garbage. YOU ARE NOT FACEBOOK SCREW SOCIAL MEDIA METHODS!!!

2 Likes

When you click the game menu, then support and then the feedback option (I’m not at my computer and can’t remember the name of the actual option) does it not open a window in game for you?

2 Likes

I find it a lot easier to give feedback on the forums. Why does it have to be in-game?

2 Likes

It’s under the help menu ingame. No login required.

3 Likes

Just double checked myself, and if you go Game Menu > Support > Submit feedback or bug report > Submit a bug OR Submit a suggestion it opens a window right in game where you have a description box and a 500 character limit to provide your description. Nothing happens outside the game at all.

6 Likes

Just to address this specific complaint, it’s just common sense to move your character to a safe spot before you go AFK, or alt-tab, or otherwise shift your focus away from the game environment.

10 Likes

Uh… have you seen the forums? Anger, shouting, insults, passive-aggressive barbs and more are kind of the norm on them. While some actual constructive discussion do happen, many people don’t want to have to trudge through all the above.

Also remember, OP, Twitter @WarcraftDevs is also an option. But the new in-game support menu has ‘Submit feedback or bug report’ as the second box from the left when the window opens. Has Anub’arak in it.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly there was recently an issue with there being some roundabout or whatnot when people were trying to load support after the expansion drop. I thought it had been fixed, but perhaps it is still an ongoing issue for some?

But that being said, yeah. There’s no reason you cannot get to safe place to send in your suggestions. If you’re dying while working through the interface, you probably shouldn’t be standing in that particular spot to do so.

Which pops up a browser window for me usually Edge which requires me to log in and than select option which than sends me to the forums. As to the others, “Move to a safe place?” If it loaded in game properly I could post my bug/suggestion and be on my way without issues.

Hmm, just tried it and it opened up the in-game window.

3 Likes

Just, and only just to address it opening edge, I believe you can change this in the bnet settings.

I used to have that happened when I launched to a page as well. Was able to change to Chrome, browser of choice.

Wish I could remember how right now, but I am at work. However, hopefully this breadcrumb could help you find it

As far as help menu that’s weird. Never had it do that before.

Penny is correct, this can all be done from inside the game. No need to visit the forums if you do not wish to.

If it is asking you to open a new browser, then that may be a bug or an issue with your game client which would require troubleshooting.

Try navigating to where you have World of Warcraft installed and navigate into the _retail_ folder. In the folder, locate and delete the UTILS folder.

Then use the Blizzard Desktop App (launcher) to repair your game:

https://battle.net/support/article/7655

Note: I was not experiencing the problem you reported but I performed these steps myself just to make sure there wouldn’t be any negative side effects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See I can’t get this to happen at home or on my work computer. and I just tried. This weekend I ran into several bugs that I felt needed to be reported.

At this point I’m simply bookmarking this so when I get home I can try it, as I don’t have the time to do it on my work machine.

To be fair, the supposition that you need to hang around to see the public response to your feedback is erroneous. No such need exists.

Feedback is for the devs, right?

Post feedback, unsub from the thread, and leave it. You didn’t originally come for a public opinion anyway.

It’s only when you check back on (irrelevant) public opinion that you have to see what you perceive to be negative pushback.

Feedback =/= an open discussion, even if the “trolls” insist. No dev is visiting a feedback thread to see that Joe Schmoe in Florida thinks your idea is lame. Your idea will (or will not) stand on its own merit.

To be fair, the devs do want the general idea on how folks feel about ideas. Like, if they see a lot of folks liking an idea, improving it and making it better, etc. does help ideas/feedback along.