Supernova needs a massive dmg buff

Being in the same row as arcane orb, supernova needs a massive dmg bonus. It barely hits for 1.5k (orb hits much harder and has a shorter CD). The talent is actually fun and could be used in both PVE and PVP. Needs upwards of a 200% buff

5 Likes

I 100% agree. Like, there’s literally no reason at all for anyone anywhere doing anything to ever consider taking that talent or the other one over arcane orb.

1 Like

It exists in the list of talents that are just ignored for the longest time; I suppose they see it more like a CC so they limit its damage because of that.

I wonder if you can set up crazy knockbacks with Arcanosphere + Supernova in PvP. I’ll have to try that tonight…

1 Like

I used to run it for the interupt component, which honestly is nice, but find the orb has much higher damage especially in group settings and gives you those little arcane charges for each hit, basically refilling arcane charges each time you use it.

But agreed the damage is so low I had to bail on using it.

They should be buffing the main target damage of it too.

I agree.

What’s worst is the name is so…misleading. You’d expect an ability named Supernova to absolutely pump but I’ve seen wet noodles do more damage.

2 Likes

They need to change the ability name to be smolNova to match the damage.

1 Like

I think “Super Jump” is a more fitting name as what it mainly does is making enemies in the area jump a bit higher than usual.

I think “Bouncy Ball” would be most appropriate.

I think we’ve found the best name. Trampoline!

Shoe Springs!

I’ve also found a good ability description for the current iteration of it:
“I want you all to jump. I said - JUMP!”

1 Like

Just name your Mage Simon. You know the drill after that.

1 Like

“Simon says jump” is also a good name for it.

1 Like