Superman needs your guidance

Hello fellow travelers and Warriors!

I wish to ask of you how Warriors fair in raids, dungeons, player vs player, ranked battlegrounds, and arenas. I still have a long progression to leveling. However, to give me some insight on the current meta or casual experience, I ask of you generously to provide me with any information that will help me become the man of steel!

A man walks into a bar thats on top of a skyscraper. The bar has wonderful view of the city below. After awhile he notices another man sitting by a window. Suddenly the man by the window takes a shot of tequila and jumps out the window.

Horrified, the man is even more suprised when the jumper walks back in from the elevator moments later.

“How did you do that?!?” he asked.

“I don’t really know myself” replied the other man, “but when I take a shot of tequila I can jump from anywhere and I land perfectly unharmed. Watch.”

The jumper slams another shot of tequila and leaps from the window again. The bar patrons watch as he hurdles towards the ground, but just before impact slows and lands light as a feather on his feet.

“Thats incredible”, says the man “I have to try it”. He slams a shot of tequila and leaps from the window. The patrons watch as he plummets to the ground and dies with a loud splat.

The bartender looks at the man seated near the window and says “You’re a real jerk when you’re drunk Superman.”

10 Likes

I can only speak for prot because I play prot in all content.

Currently we are the meta for m+ and second to monk in raids. We mitigate the most physical dmg and dish out pretty good dmg (not as good after the nerf) we have high mobility, hold threat and can sustain okay. We do lack utility like a pally or dk but make up for it in dmg.

Protection is easy to learn but difficult to master. You need to manage your rage and Cooldowns just right to maximize your defenses and offenses. It’s one of the most rewarding specs IMO

Fury is regarded as one of the best classes to play this expansion and arms is…well I don’t play arms much so that’s that

Fury is one of the top dps specs right now.

Arms dmg is pretty good (slighty worse than fury) but it dies easier than other dps. It hovers around the middle overall.

Yea I think fury is going to also be much more friendly to beginner warriors than the complexity’s of protection. You get to experience that smash smash SUUHMAASH with fury that is iconic to warrior

1 Like

Arms is the best spec. Just ‘cause.

1 Like

Protection is better

Actually monk is the meta for both raids and m+ rn maybe in 8.3 u can get your spot back

Well, sometimes. Monk and vdh in situations mitigate it better.

I mean, pretty much exactly the same after the nerf. That’s literally the point of VoP.

Prot doesn’t really lack utility. Like at all.

Pretty much the opposite. it’s relatively unforgiving compared to other tanks when it comes to the basics, but there’s very little min/max potential. Paladin and monk have a noticeably higher skill ceiling.

This is flatly incorrect.

Paladin, warrior, and monk are all timing the same level keys. Warrior was used in the MDI, which if you care about that gives it credence. Monk is certainly more popular at higher key levels. But it’s not doing anything in m+ that no other tank can match.

And that’s all ignoring that the best to worst tank is literally the difference between a 24 and a 25 key.

In raid, literally every tank was used a minimum of five times by wr 50, so there’s not an immense gap there either.

Monks got almost all the spots on the leader boards with a couple warriors and 1 paladin so yea i guess thats pretty even

I play a prot warrior and a brewmaster monk and brm is way easier imo. Plus when dbm says run i just face tank and giggle on my monk.

What are the accomplishing in keys that warriors and paladins cannot.

Why are you using dbm to tell you when to “run”.

Im not saying other tanks cant accomplish the same content what im saying is monks are obviously doing better when yhey are dominating the leaderboards

A spec being more popular is not indicative of it being inherently superior. That’s idiotic.

But monks are represented way less thats the thing

What are you even talking about.

I just replied to what you said. Way more ppl play prot warrior than brewmaster but the leaderboards are still dominated by monks. If you cant understand that i cannot explain it to you

MDI was nothing but proc warriors though.

Ignore him. He is our resident alt warrior lurker. Worst personality and very rarely gives useful advice. Can’t be reasoned with.

40k more prot warriors to be exact