Sunsong Ranch bugged?

I tried to upgrade sunsong ranch on this toon by completing the “Growing the farm 1” quests, and once I did farmer Gai Lan is stucking in a seemingly endless loop of spraying weeds to no effect. The 15 minute timer runs out, he doesn’t go away, and if I leave the farm the timer just resets once I return. Is Gai Lan doomed to spray weeds for eternity? Is my sunsong ranch phase doubling as a purgatory?
Also I did submit a ticket on this and the GM seemed to suggest there was nothing I could do beyond submitting a bug report.

1 Like

The patch isn’t called the Madness of N’Zoth for nothing… his influence is pretty far-reaching! Even all the way down to Sunsong Ranch, it seems.

From just a look at the Bug Report forum, all the Growing the Farm quests are bugged like that. If they say that submitting a bug report is the only solution, then it’s all that can be done right now while they work on a fix.

4 Likes

It looks like we have a known issue on that and it is being looked into, Excalizul. I’m afraid there isn’t any workaround that we’re aware of. You’ll need to wait until we have a fix in for it.

4 Likes

Well dang, looks like Jodariel up there is right. Thanks for the speedy response though!

4 Likes

I had the same problem but fixed it this way. First I removed all my addons. I was using gathermate 2, mapster, sexymap and world quest tracker. After removing the addons I then used the say: command in the chat window and typed in the following:
/console cvar_default and after that Gai Lan, who was still spraying weeds, actually stopped this time after the 15 minutes were up and I got the 4 new plots for farming.

1 Like

I found the following fix to this problem.
Fixed it by removing all addons. Addons I was using were Gathermate 2, sexymap, mapster, world quest tracker. After removing addons, then I used the say: command in the chat window and typed in the following:

/console cvar_default (I got an error but it still reset the defaults)

and then retried the quest and this time it worked.

1 Like

A patch with a fix for this was released with last weeks maintenance. If it’s still an issue, I would suggest doing a complete ui reset in case a previous attempt to do the quest left some data in a confused state.

2 Likes