Sunreavers [spoilers]

Sigh…I think I need to take a break from this game for awhile. Hell maybe I’ll won’t come back till 8.3 patch. There is only so much of a headache I can take right now.

8 Likes

Blizzard to Blood Elves: Here’s a Purge of Dalaran reference in good ol’ Belves trying to stop Jaina from rescuing Baine!
Also Blizzard: Lor’themar is on Baine’s side

If it makes you feel better I’ve been having cognitive dissonance in this narrative since War of Throns.

6 Likes

In the pre-patch, he fought at Lordaeron.

You know that’s not the point.

Not really? I assume Allerya’s point as about the war escalating to new heights, and Lor’themar was there for that after I assumed Allerya was proposing he wasn’t.

I may have mistook Allerya’s point, but I’m not trying to be snarky or anything.

The point was that Lor’themar took his “Just walk away for peace” idea and walked to the other side of the planet while Teldrassil was going down.

He fought for Undercity sure, but Teldrassil hugely overshadows it as an event during the pre-patch.

1 Like

Theron, Baine and most of the other leaders, knew nothing about Teldrassil. Not in game. These two people are arguing based on what might have been stated in a book, against what is happening in game. It’s contradiction, basically.

IN GAME- None of the leaders knew about Teldrassil and nor were they apart of it. It was only Sylvanas, Saurfang, Forsaken and Orcs. Including Nathanos, of course.
So they can’t then come and use the book as an example of what’s in game. Use the book as an example of the book, and the game an example of the game.

The book isn’t canon- the game is.

So, pay no attention to anyone arguing “But they knew! and were okay with it!”. Because- it’s a lie.

In-game there are contingents of Blood Elves fighting in Darkshore. Even if Lor’themar didn’t know about the initial trick, he still knew about it after Saurfang’s forces struck North, the same as anyone else.

They’re both canon. Technically I think the book might be more canon since it came out after the pre-patch.

3 Likes

Show me. As someone who did War of Thrones, I don’t ever remember seeing a single BLOOD elf. But I did see a lot of Dark Rangers. To specify: I mean HORDE SIDE.

If it was canon, why isn’t it in game?

:thinking:
So, If I take the motor out of my car and hide it in my garage- I can sell the car without it and tell people It’s a full car?

You clearly don’t remember it very well, then.

I think the NPC names were changed after the burning itself at that time.

Because not all canon resides within the game. And also because Blizzard is incompetent.

As far as this, Lor’themar’s forces being present, yes.

That is probably one of the worst analogies I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

The location of this NPC is unknown Okay :+1: But why are you posting Horde NPC’s that are ONLY seen Alliance side? I already said earlier:

Okay. So ALL canon exists IN GAME, as far back as Warcraft but this is an exception…because?

Alliance side. NOT Horde side. It literally says on the page that it is Alliance.

K.

We’ve been through this.

We have four accounts of the War of Thorns. A Good War, Elegy, Horde questing, and Alliance questing. If Horde questing really does show it as an Orc and Forsaken only operation, it is the odd one out, contradicted by three other lore sources.

Edit: Nvm, Veloran has shown there were npcs of other races present.

They did soon after she ordered Teldrassil burned. It’s not exactly something you can keep secret. When calling everyone back for the Siege of Lordaeron, she has to explain to everyone why Anduin “Love, Peace, and Friendship” Wrynn is bearing down on the gates of Undercity. And Saurfang sure isn’t going to cover for her.

Until you become a story dev, that’s not your call to make.

That version of Darkshore no longer exists, but you can literally see a screenshot of that NPC in Darkshore in the thumbnail of that link. Also they are visible Hordeside, I know because it was right by the WQ where you dived down to save shipments of Azerite underwater while killing Night Elf seal Druids, they were on the shore near there and fighting on the ships nearby.

Also, even if only the Alliance could see them, you’d still be wrong.

No? That isn’t even slightly correct. A massive, massive amount of canon material is only in the books. Not to mention in this scenario, statements from the books about Blood Elves being present actually ARE reflected in the game.

Again, wrong. You see them as both factions, in both the pre-and-post burning Darkshore.

Also, here. A Horde player seeing the Bloodguard NPC while doing the world quest, at about 1:30. You can see another on the beach at about 2:09. You can see them as a Horde player in the town too. Before the burning they were tagged as Sin’dorei Vanguard and primarily existed on that coast as well.

6 Likes

He could be acting alone. It could also mean that the Sunreavers are acting in their own accord. Maybe they are loyal to Sylvanas only for the opportunity to slay Jaina.

This is so annoying. And no, I’m not talking about Lorthemar and Thalyssra seemingly siding with Saurfang/Baine.

But this writing is garbage tier. As a Horde loyalist, all I’ve done is kill other Horde soldiers loyal to the Horde, from dark rangers to now what looks like Sunreavers. This is why I don’t understand when I see alliance genuinely mad that Horde gets “2” storylines and they don’t. Less garbage is better than more.

1 Like

Garithos was right. You really can never trust an elf. Even when you are one.

Okay look she’s clearly talking about the defiant ones. This is after talking about the elves who refuse to leave. There’s no contradiction, one is after the other and she’s mad and spiteful. “They won’t leave? Well, fine then, they can stay.”

Silvermoon quests and NPC chatter make it clear Lor’themar’s regime is a fascist Orwellian nightmare - employed to keep order during an incredibly difficult time. Dissenters are arrested in the streets for thought crimes and those are Thalassian citizens. Elves are bad people.

2 Likes

Folks are fine to want something.

In regards to the player agency experience the Horde have, yeah I don’t understand why they would offer an option to reflect loyalty to Sylvanas if they were just going to make you side with the Old Horde all along. It doesn’t build pride, it just ruins the experience.

Seems like it was true all along that the agency was a faux choice. Which is really a shame.

1 Like

It’s a shame that an expansion focused on the war did not last 1 patch without one of them starting to kill himself.

I can definitely agree there. In an ideal world where they could actually write then of course I would love to see options for everyone on both sides.

BFA is probably the test/ tinker/ filler expansion. The next one, I bet we’re going to see more agency options with actual repercussions and consistency.

*puts on tinfoil hat

They chose to test this with the Horde because the Horde player base has more pride and dedicated players.

Purely a tinfoil assessment though.

4 Likes