Sunreavers [spoilers]

Reading over Azshara’s lines, everything she says is so… imperious, and charmingly smug. I’d rather side with her, than play nice with the Horde at this point.

3 Likes

welcome to the big baller club Lor’themar!!! always knew you were on our side :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I wonder if Sylvanas had the Sunreavers positioned to die in order to anger the Sindorei people, and prolong the war.

Some Orcs and Trolls in game are reveling in this war. There are Tauren who speak of Taurajo. We have these angry Elves.

It would be interesting to see if Sylvanas maintains support of the common Horde soldier over their Racial Leaders, because she manipulates that “Cycle of Hatred.” Lorthemar seems to be uncertain his people will follow him.

From this dialogue, it also seems that the events in Nazjatar are a bit isolated from the rest of the War. Since Lorthemar seems to be saying he needs to make his people aware of it.

5 Likes

I guess not all Blood Elves are bad after all. Welcome aboard Lor’themar! The Blood Elves who choose to side with Sylvanas over their own racial leader similar to the Tauren who do the same are just setting themselves up for a bigger L.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Made sense when I found it odd that the racial leaders were “disappearing” or “dying”. In turn, making it seem like a Matriarchy. Giving Sylvanas full control over all races.

So you have these racial leaders, against their own people and in great magnitude.

1 Like

Apparently Magister Hathorel, a Sunreaver dude from Wrath and MoP, has been datamined. I wonder if he’s supposed to appear instead of some random no name elf.

That or he’s on Naz-jatar with Theron I suppose.

Devious <3 That would be amazing. It would be refreshing to see Sylvie playing some actual politics, for a change.

4 Likes

Cool.

I, too, enjoy punishing vast swaths of people for decisions they never made.

9 Likes

Decisions their leader, in his official capacity, made for them. It’s why some degree of forethought is usually desired in leadership (hence why Lor’themar won’t so much as blow his nose without thinking about the possible implications for the Blood Elves). Aethas even admits it’s his fault, in mistakenly bargaining on Jaina’s mercy over Garrosh’s.

6 Likes

He didn’t say it was a mistake, he just said he gambled on Jaina’s wrath being lesser.

2 Likes

That would explain my question. Was it just one Sunreaver with a group of Dark Rangers, or was it a Sunreaver with living Rangers? That would reinforce your theory.

Actually he just says “it isn’t only Jaina’s city” at which point she goes full ruthless dictator crackdown. Seriously you kill a guy who is just trying to get his money out of the bank and flee the city. That is just state sanctioned theft. The Sunreavers in the undercity don’t even know what the hell is going on beyond Silver Covenant goons mugging and beating them. You have unarmed Sunreaver citizens getting attacked by armed Alliance soldiers.

The reality is that innocent loyal sunreavers were murdered that day for the crime of taking issue with their rights as citizens getting trod all over. Jaina didn’t even use Dalaran’s own guards. She just unleashed her SC goons and brought Alliance soldiers into the city.
Frankly I still role my eyes at the fact that the Horde was so blindly trusting to actually move back into Dalaran with literally no representation in the city leadership and no promises that the rights of Horde citizens would be respected. Then again, I think it shows much about the writer’s mindset.

14 Likes

Seems Lor’themar is involved with freeing Baine, and so oddly enough Lor’themar will be on the opposite side of the vengeful Sunreavers.

Loth'remar Briefs Player on Quest to Free Baine
    Unknown_Male: Were it not for the Horde, the remaining sin'dorei might have died out against the Scourge.
    Unknown_Male: Garrosh nearly severed the bond between us, but in the end it held strong.
    Unknown_Male: Now that bond is threatened by another warchief... one whom I once knew well.
    Unknown_Male: My people will not abandon the Horde, nor will we stand idle as it is destroyed from within.
    Unknown_Male: Rendezvous with our allies and rescue Baine. We will deal with the consequences as they come.

If the Player Tells Nathanos
    Unknown_Male: So Lor’themar shows his true colors at last.
    Unknown_Male: A pity he has sided with Baine, but I am not entirely surprised. This is not his first betrayal.
    Unknown_Male: Play along for now. I’ll send word ahead. These traitors are in for a surprise once they reach Bloodhoof.

After the Mission (If the Player Told Nathanos)
    Unknown_Male: Saurfang, Thrall, the Alliance… it is vexing to know our quarry escaped. But we must trust in the warchief’s plan.
    Unknown_Male: Soon your loyalty will face an even greater test. I do hope you prove worthy of the Dark Lady’s favor.
    Unknown_Male: I have been recalled to Orgrimmar. Remain in Nazjatar. Keep playing along with these traitorous vipers… until you are summoned.

2 Likes

Weird how the loyalists are killing as many horde as the rebels.

reminds me of this dude i use to know way back in cataclysm who would invite guild members to a party and tell them he’s summoning them to something important… he’d summon them into gurubashi arena and kill them and kick them out of his guild lmao was a notorious troll and ended up becoming universally hated but the “until you are summoned” reminded me of it and also fits with nathanos

OMG Azshara is defeated? She “falls”?
God damn it.

Azshara should have her own entire expansion.

Now the Alliance is supposed to fight with the Horde after what they did and the Horde pretends they are not genocidal killers?
Ugh.

3 Likes

Consequence free, baby. I might hate this stupid story and how it’s contorting my faction into an unknowable moral pretzel, but there’s at least the consolation prize of pure chaotic indulgence on top. As absurdist humor, it’s absolutely top of the line.

Don’t forget Lor’themar has the audacity to tell us “to stop the cycle one only needs to walk away”
Well Gee Lor’themar where the fack were you during pre-patch?
You have cahoonas to tell me about walking away?

3 Likes

Trying to decide how to kill off the last of the Sunreavers, as has always been his ultimate aim.

1 Like

I wait for this topic to get any serious updates.

Not interested in two alts stroking their own epeens.

1 Like