Sunreavers [spoilers]

I am fairly certain the whole point of the group was to oppose Blood Elf presence in Dalaran, simply because Quel’Thalas was allied with the Horde. A few did the bad, but reasonable society rejects mass punishment based on guilt by association that is just being in the same racial and political group. Collectives suffering for the sins of the few is wrong.

He is not their military commander. A political leader, but not one who could choose for others.

I believe there were plenty of bad decisions, she couldve handle it better but i could argue she had no reason nor time to do that, given that this was strike 2 for the sunreavers(the bombing of theramore was first) she had to get them out pronto before they did anything else that would compromise kirin tor neutrality… i also could argue garrosh had fault in this he didnt gave a crap about the blood elves and knew there were going to be consecuences, it was bad yes but as aethas was meant to say…the the horde was using kirin tor resources for war effort, there is a lot of misguided hate… like the dead belf that wanted to kill malfurion instead of trying to understand why his ancestors were exiled, poor chap btw, aethas never came clean with theron that part of the sunreavers were , in fact, guilty.

Reasonable societies are also not threatened with mass destruction. Look, if tommorow a country learns several members of X organization has a nuke they could use at anytime, I expect said organization members will all be imprisoned. Hell, it has happened before and will happen again.

Veressa helped with the Amani because of her own sense of ownership over Quel’thalas.

Did you play through the Horde side of that quest? The SC were abusing power Jaina gave them left and right. The Alliance soldiers she brought into the city and they weren’t much better. At the very minimum, if she had to use additional manpower, they should have been operating under the command of the city’s actual appointed guardsmen who might have actually been able to keep the violence from spiralling out of control.

Lets not forget Veressa literally has you murder a guy for trying to get his money own out of the bank and flee the city.

Yeah which was fair. Night Elves have gotten treated rough several times with little pay off. I suspect the reason so many read into Malfurion’s words things that he didn’t say was because he became a focus of the sense that Blizzard was screwing with them.

However my point is it probably isn’t best to condemn and entire group because of the members of individuals of that group because with most races in WoW, that tends to lead to pretty much all the races being open to condemnation.

And so she appointed soldiers that would guarantee her city became a battlefield anyway.

Frankly the Horde should have never have been willing to work out of Dalaran without some major checks in place in Legion. It was frankly jarring that apparently the Alliance’s side was remembered but the Horde’s side was handwaved off. The Sunreavers actually being willing to return was also mystifying but then again the mantra for Blizzard since Wrath has been “if it is between the two factions, it is always the Horde’s fault.”

5 Likes

He didn’t refuse. He didn’t immediately agree, but that’s not the same as refusing.

1 Like

And it still hasn’t been demonstrated that him refusing is justification for gunning down people in the street. That’s like saying ‘Well, Officer, I was wearing suede pants’ in response to the question ‘Why did you punch that man?’. It’s a statement of an event, but not logically linked in any way to the conclusion that Jaina was in the right.

4 Likes

The Grizzled Grizzly. He can bearly take any more of this garbage.

It was an ultimatum, leave or if you dont we will kick/imprison you. He choose the later.

No, he didn’t. He started a conversation trying to figure out what was going on and/or what possibilities were open.

Look Hackbrew, this is a perfect legal system wherein probable cause is unimportant. Any sort of due process is unimportant. People can be deprived of life and liberty at a whim. And it is fair game to suspect a thousand people based solely off of membership to an allowed municipal organization, even if they are a simple merchant.

Yet there haven’t been more purges at the Church of the Holy Light members, the Cenarion Circle, the Kirin Tor at large (who can say who isn’t still in the Cult of the Damned), the Illidari, the Draenei, and the Stormwind City Guard. Somehow dealing with traitors in those groups didn’t require the same actions we see here.

2 Likes

Again, it was an ultimatum, not a conversation.

That doesn’t change the fact that Aethas never actually refused to leave the city.

If you storm into my office and say to me: “Eat this salami RIGHT NOW or I’m going to feed it my dog,” and I say “Wait, where did you get that salami and how did you find out where I work, anyway?”—that isn’t me refusing to eat the salami.

2 Likes