Sunken Temple Drakestone farm patched?

Prior to today’s server reset I could solo the drakes in ST by pulling one off the other with single target. One Drake would reset and I’d kill the other. Then pull the other and kill it. I’ve been doing this trying to farm Drakestone of Frozen Wrath, however today after servers came back up, the drakes no longer reset 1 at a time. You pull 1, it pulls both, regardless of if you hit the other drake or not.

Was this patched?

From what I can tell, Blizzard modified all Classic mob scripting, causing mobs to vastly more tether to one another. This makes aggroing sometimes create crazy situations now.

Just today? This was not the case yesterday. As long as I did not damage the 2nd drake it would reset, allowing me to fight just the first one.

Over here: Bugfix for Solenor the Slayer and Other Enemies

Basically a bug fix.

Edit: Not sure if it is an ‘intended behavior’ fix, or a bug created as a result of the fix.

1 Like

Yep, noticed it today and came here to make sure i wasnt crazy, time to improvise the strat.

Ah ok, this answers it. Guess its time to find a lock to duo farm it with :frowning:

I think it may be soloable still, trying right now, ill let u kno if i can get it

Yeah I dont know if the new behavior is intentional or not, but thats likely what caused the change.

For sure let me know! With wall hopping and a potion it may be feasible, but definitely much harder now. Its a shame because whenever I was short on time I’d just run this 5 or 6 times before having to log. The chance of the exact Drakestone I need is so low that it has just become a ritual for me.

yeah pulled it off but its a pain, i spent so many hours mastering my other strat, i dont feel like investing the time into to try new spots etc