Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros - Complete

Bravo, bravo! Just keep away from me with that thing, I left my sunscreen back at Orgrimmar.

Meh

/10chars

world first was 15 years ago
none of this is ¨real¨

First off guy, I haven’t played retail in ages. So no, I’m not a retail troll. Second, it’s the drop chance of the ingots. Also, if one person was able to reset all the bosses up to Rag then I am sure other people did as well, it’s just that not everyone talks about things like that. Also going back to the ingots here’s a post from WoWhead to give an idea on the drops.

Ok… just to clear things out.

You need to create the Sulfuron Hammer first. Then you combine the Sulfuron Hammer with the Eye of Sulfuras to create the legendary weapon.
Any Blacksmith can create the Sulfuron Hammer and the rep with TB has nothing to do with it.
All you need are the plans. To get the plans, you need 1 Sulfuron Ingot (drop from Golemagg, Drop rate is pretty low im raiding MC each week since sept 05 (january 06 now) and we only have 2 ingots so far) and you have to talk to the guy from TB in the BRD bar.
Once you give him the ingot, (removed part because of language rules) and the plans to create the Sulfuron Hammer.

The mats for the Sulfuron hammer are:
8 Sulfuron Ingots, 50 arcanite bars, 20 Dark Iron bars, 25 essences of fire, 10 blood of the mountain, 10 fiery cores and 10 lava cores.

In order to create the legendary weapon, you need another legendary drop from Ragnaros (The eye of Sulfuras). The eye of Sulfuras also have a really low drop rate (05% or so).

The damn item dropped 1 time from Rag and I was not on the run =(

The drop rate is considerably low. Of course it’s possible that RNG was just smiling upon them and felt the need to bless everyone involved. I don’t know. But unfortunately because some people don’t play fair and get ahead because of it it DOES leave me skeptical. I’m not saying it 100% was done with exploits, but there is always a chance and with it being a common thing recently I can’t dismiss the idea.

2 Likes

This was first done in 2005. But it’s hard to congratulate anyone on here due to the difficulty nerf and layering abuses. The first real MC clear was 5 months post release. That was an accomplishment. They had garbage talents, and max difficulty on the content, and no one had any guides to follow back then. They had to actually learn the content themselves, as you should. I don’t get why people care about “firsts” when they just followed guides written 10-15 years ago.

3 Likes

Sulfras obtained:

Dps warriors: so? it’s crap… give it to the shammy for OS.

Windfury totem makes it okay for 2h fury.

it honetly only goes for them, warriors are like yeah that’s not better than any of the swords.

what would be exploited? ragnaros is already on farm for alot of guilds, so at this point it was just “who was gunna get lucky first and get the eye” literally just, this guild got lucky and got the eye.

What a great community. This thread is pure salt.

1 Like

Update: Apparently LongDD of the Chinese guild Old Boys, made up Dota 2 veterans, created the weapon(https://www.vpesports.com/dota2/news/chinese-dota-2-veterans-forge-a-region-first-wow-legendary) even earlier on September 17th, three days after looting the eye.

Dunno if someone mentioned this yet, just noticed the update on top of the wowhead page.

Wait for the day 1 thunderfury’s - yes there will be multiple thunderfurys created on day 1 of that phase.

Imagine this fuker running at you while questing in STV