Suggestions: Changes To Mythic Plus Affixes & Keys

Good afternoon fellow gamers!

I wasn’t sure where to post to make suggestions for changes so I’m posting in the forum location these specific suggestions would impact.

I want to start by saying that I love mythic+ as a game mode and wish I had more time to push higher keys. I’d like to make some suggestions for change to mythic+ that I think most people would find to be good and refreshing changes. I know the weekly chest is being changed in Shadowlands and from what I can tell, I think the idea they are going with is a big improvement from the current iteration. The areas that mythic+ need to improve on in my opinion are keys and affixes.

Keys & Affix Suggestions

Remove predetermined weekly affixes.
Note: This should eliminate the frustration some of the player-base has when a hard week of affixes is in effect or a combination that they don’t enjoy. In the current state of the game, a hard week is a dead week for some players which eliminates a lot of drive to play some weeks and just feels bad. The idea of affixes being key specific and not week specific is inspired by Diablo III greater rifts and how each greater rift has various different affixes from run to run.

Acquiring a new key should include the following based on the key level: random dungeon, random non-seasonal affixes, seasonal affix

The game needs a bigger pool of affixes. Not every affix needs to be interesting and complex like Awakening. It could be something simple like an affix that causes mobs to pulse aoe damage randomly for a short duration or occasionally the map experiences high winds and your characters move around while standing still (similar to the Eye of Azshara dungeon). Some other affix ideas would be giving mobs within the dungeon an aura, 1 aura could be a ‘Thorns’ mechanic making you less likely to want to bring melee, while a different affix could give mobs an aura that reduces spell casting speed of enemies by X% making you less likely to want to being caster DPS and making the healers job a little more difficult. I think affixes like these are not bad if they appeared on random keys as opposed to being stuck with them for an entire week. You would have a lot more class diversity based on affixes this way, but to be stuck with affixes for a whole week limits the type of affixes that can really be in the game as you can see from some of those examples.

These type of changes are meant to keep mythic plus dungeons feeling fresh even late into an expanstion when people have been running them for almost 2 years and acquiring a new key after the run a little more exciting. In addition to that would allow you more flexibility if you want to avoid certain affixes or maybe seek out certain affixes for a challenge or to practice, you can look for them specifically on any given day.

Let me know what you guys think about these suggestions and what you guys would like to see changed with the mythic+ system.

1 Like

I like the idea of having new/more affixes. Not sure about random affixes on keys though. That just means that a bunch of keys/affixes are going to be avoided all the time. Your key might just be a key that nobody wants to run if there are always other/better options available. And to clarify- in your idea, the key would upgrade with the same affixes, right?